LegacyGT.com

Most lame move ever (Cobb exhaust related)

Digi

For two years I've waiting to get, at the very least, the Cobb mufflers on my 08 GT. Finally, 3 weeks ago, I'm in a place where I can afford the expense and received word of a good bonus coming in @ work. I've been watching the Cobb site, waiting patiently for today to come around so I could order them up...doing the responsible thing and not making the purchase until the funds were actually in my bank account. So what happens? I check the site today and now the mufflers are gone...there were there earlier this week!?? F**C! So I call around to some places in the Seattle area and check some online sites and now no one has them. Nothing. Beyond lame. I hate grape fruit cannon exhaust and prefer a stock look and the more subtle growl of the Cobb mufflers... boned. This is beyond irritating. Does anyone here happen to know of a shop that has a couple extra laying around? They really are the only mufflers I've like on the GT :(

Because this post is lame and mainly me bitching about trivial stuff...here is a silly picture for your time.

http://schnierer.org/images/silly/snowmankid.jpg

AVO will hopefully continue to offer strong aftermarket parts on the LGT today and beyond, simply based on them being a Japanese manufacturer with a stong local Legacy customer base.

Much more so that us N Americans. Unfortunately for us.:redface:

All hope is not lost... a couple of people have had good experiences with having local exhaust shops build something to order. It's what I'd be doing now if I didn't already have a Perrin mid/y.

try rallisport direct, Ia Performance, Clark Turner and heck if you havent tried call cobb and see if they still have some left over. Goodluck to you

Yep hit all them and made a few more phone calls today. It seems that tuners were only ordering the parts as needed rather than keeping a stock of them. I think the only hope at this point is finding someone that wants to get rid of their's...which is also looking unlikely. Damn!

Yep hit all them and made a few more phone calls today. It seems that tuners were only ordering the parts as needed rather than keeping a stock of them. I think the only hope at this point is finding someone that wants to get rid of their's...which is also looking unlikely. Damn!

Beware, this is way off topic but I got to ask since I almost thought I started this thread while sleepwalking or something :eek:

Digi...is your last name DiGiovanni by any chance....cuz everybody calls me DiGi as my nickname (lots of Ryans around these days) and I have never come across another DiGi

Haha, can't say it is. Many eons ago when I first got on the internet I thought "Digital_Demon" was a cool username....not so much :) Rather than coming up with something new, I just shortened it down.

Unlikely but still a possibility. I'm currently running a COBB, catted, turbo back exhaust. I haven't decided which direction I'm going with the car but there is a good chance I will go catless and get a different exhaust this Fall. I'll keep you informed...

Digi - I have the latest version of the SPT Exhaust actually think its a Version 3, according to Mike (the local Bosal Rep) the latest version was actually made by AEM. I have it mated to a Cobb catted downpipe, and it is amazing! Low growl, even when I really open it up, its great, as I travel for a living up and down the interstate. Best part is, you can buy it from a Subaru dealership and ask for the Nasioc discount, should cost you around 950-1k. Cheers!

That's tough. Many aftermarket vendors have recently ceased production on 05-09 LGT performance products.

Due to low demand, obviously.

hmmm that means I need to go into super modding mode and buy evertyhing :spin:

I love my greddy evo2...best compromise in loudness/deepness and very little droning on the freeway. If your car is silver the mufflers blend well and do not look as ricey. The spt is probably the best looking though in my opinion, just a little on the quiet side.

I've been in the same boat, a couple of times. I haven't placed high priority on car mods for years, with other more important things to spend my money on. So when I did save up the bucks for the few things I wanted, once or twice I ran in to similar snags.

Luckily, there's other avenues that will work out, sometimes. Classifieds.... overseas deals from well-known UK vendors.... that sort of thing. You may have to dig a bit, but it'll work out. :)

In the case of the Cobb mufflers....maybe RalliTEK's price will drop, if the production has ceased. Sometimes waiting a while, pays off. I got VERY good prices on Prodrive and STi parts for my old RS, just by holding out for far longer than most people could stand. :D

CObb has stopped making everything...lol Back in the day when all we had was the 2.5rs here in the states I remember doing a road ralley with some suby guys when I had my MR2, and I was impressed. Saw the cobb tuning sticker and checked it out. I remember you could get EVERYTHING for a subaru there and it was all the SHIT of parts on the market. Intake, exhaust, headers, suspension, cams, heads, bottom ends chip tuning, staged power packages. The website put up ACTUAL dynos of their parts and tuning and they were racing it....not to mention you could make that 2.5rs balls out fast with their stuff. That seemed to continue for a year or two with the WRX, but now I went back to the website after buying my own first suby, and all they really do is make a T shirt, a sticker, maybe a couple billet parts, and this accessport. They arent just a suby tuner, they want to make AP for everything. Which is fine, because its a nice tool, but you pay 700 bucks for something that has all the complexity of an XBOX controller. The website and tuning is a couple squiggly lines on a grid background.

Dunno..... Maybe Im getting old, but it sure seems to me like Cobb is a shadow of their former selves.

Archived