LegacyGT.com

Most lame move ever (Cobb exhaust related)

Digi

Cobb is still good, but I think the market just picked up. A whole lot.

Originally, Cobb exhausts were rebadged Strömungs. They changed manufacturing several years ago, but I still think they stayed relevant as a company, if very pricey.

I agree that the AP is too expensive, at least new. I definitely want one, but will absolutely be buying used.

CObb has stopped making everything...lol Back in the day when all we had was the 2.5rs here in the states I remember doing a road ralley with some suby guys when I had my MR2, and I was impressed. Saw the cobb tuning sticker and checked it out. I remember you could get EVERYTHING for a subaru there and it was all the SHIT of parts on the market. Intake, exhaust, headers, suspension, cams, heads, bottom ends chip tuning, staged power packages. The website put up ACTUAL dynos of their parts and tuning and they were racing it....not to mention you could make that 2.5rs balls out fast with their stuff. That seemed to continue for a year or two with the WRX, but now I went back to the website after buying my own first suby, and all they really do is make a T shirt, a sticker, maybe a couple billet parts, and this accessport. They arent just a suby tuner, they want to make AP for everything. Which is fine, because its a nice tool, but you pay 700 bucks for something that has all the complexity of an XBOX controller. The website and tuning is a couple squiggly lines on a grid background.

Dunno..... Maybe Im getting old, but it sure seems to me like Cobb is a shadow of their former selves.

Totally agree. I remember back when I had my RS still and the Cobb widebody cone basher impreza came out. That thing was amazing.... was

Cobb is still good, but I think the market just picked up. A whole lot.

Originally, Cobb exhausts were rebadged Strömungs. They changed manufacturing several years ago, but I still think they stayed relevant as a company, if very pricey.

Hm interesting...

Archived