LegacyGT.com

Car Insurance Legacy 05 GT {Advice}

My Car Insurance is renewing soon please provide some feedback.

Info

• Clean driver record
  • With Esurance for 6year +
  • 24 M

6 moth policy $1,066.78 for Esurance

In the past Esurance has been the cheapest with my old car 1995 legacy. I bought the 05 GT and added Collision. I did some research and found GEICO to be a lot cheaper

GEICO $463.69 6 moth policy

Please tell me about your dealings with GEICO I know they are a bigger company.

Do they stick to the quotes they give or change them the last minute?

Thanks for the Help!

They generally stick to their quotes...but that is drastically cheaper. Have you double checked everything to make sure it was similar to your current policy?

I switched FROM Geico due to their incompetence and unwillingness to accept the fact they had made a mistake. (A claim I had made for a parking lot incident was recorded as an AT FAULT while, in fact, it was not.) They refused to change it, said nothing would happen, yet my rates went up next policy renewal date.

They couldn't give two hoots that I wasn't renewing with them, other than the fact they said I'd never find another insurance company that would be cheaper due to the fact that I had an AT FAULT on my record. Ah, the bastards.

OP, I'm on Geico and pay about $100 more every 6 months than the quote you got from them. Factor in I also live in New Jersey with some of the nation's highest rates. Geico was the cheapest I found.

I haven't had any problems with them thus far (knock on wood), but I also haven't had any reason to file a claim (big knock on wood).

I have Progressive...not great but the premium should be lowest of any you can find.

Yeah i love my progessive policy, Great customer service and an awesome customer website.

08 LGT

No points

1 no fault accident (the other one was just whiped off)

25 M

In harford county, MD (for some reason this jumped it a little)

I pay only 103 a month for full coverage.

I used progressive for about 5 years. Awesome customer services and website and no problems....but I never had a claim. I paid about $600 every 6 months, which doesn't mean anything to you guys since it's not applicable to each unique situation.

Here's what I learned that is applicable: insurance companies are like so many other risk management corporations....the more risk they accept (riskier drivers), the more they either need to charge very high rates on their risk-prone customers or spread that cost around to ALL their customers.

Progressive, and many other fine companies, accept customers with moderately high risk profiles. They also advertise aggressively and do other things that tend to inflate their costs a bit.

I switched to Erie Insurance after 5 years because that's how long it took for them to accept me. My driver's license had to clean up to only one speeding ticket, I needed to get over a certain age, etc.

Erie currently charges my wife and I $1300 a year (yes, a full year) for much better overall coverage, a lower comprehensive deductible, and, the biggest item, we both drive 25,000 miles per year.

This is on two relatively new foreign vehicles.

I'm not saying Erie is for everyone, but they have absolutely the best rates I've seen in my area. They also recently handled my hail damage claim with fantastic service.

Good luck to ya :)

Joe

They generally stick to their quotes...but that is drastically cheaper. Have you double checked everything to make sure it was similar to your current policy?

I switched FROM Geico due to their incompetence and unwillingness to accept the fact they had made a mistake. (A claim I had made for a parking lot incident was recorded as an AT FAULT while, in fact, it was not.) They refused to change it, said nothing would happen, yet my rates went up next policy renewal date.

They couldn't give two hoots that I wasn't renewing with them, other than the fact they said I'd never find another insurance company that would be cheaper due to the fact that I had an AT FAULT on my record. Ah, the bastards.

Yeah they wouldnt look at my driving record to see that it WAS CLEAN and that they were charging me for a ticket!! They told me that they could not look at driver records but only once a year and that was when I first wrote the policy which then they should have noticed that i had a clean record. I switched to another company I pay 1007.05 per year!!!!!!!!! for a 2008 Leggy $250 Collision ded $250 Comp ded $0 windshield ded $300,000 liability $100,000 other liability free roadside and $950 rental car reimburs.

I had esurance as a 24M with an 05LGT limited.....paid $104/month. I have nationwide not and my coverage went to 100K/300k and i pay $120/month for my LGT and a 01 grand am with a 26F driver.....no accidents limited tort

I switched to Erie Insurance after 5 years because that's how long it took for them to accept me. My driver's license had to clean up to only one speeding ticket, I needed to get over a certain age, etc.

Erie currently charges my wife and I $1300 a year (yes, a full year) for much better overall coverage, a lower comprehensive deductible, and, the biggest item, we both drive 25,000 miles per year.

This is on two relatively new foreign vehicles.

I'm not saying Erie is for everyone, but they have absolutely the best rates I've seen in my area. They also recently handled my hail damage claim with fantastic service.

Good luck to ya :)

Joe

However, your premium will go up 50% if you get a ticket (happened to my dad after having Erie for over 20 years), and if you have an accident that's your fault they're more than likely going to drop you. (they straight up dropped me, no questions asked when I had an accident when I was younger)

Erie FTL in my personal experience. Progressive, however, has been excellent to me. :)

The first ticket will not affect our premium (the usual 2-3 point type of ticket at least), and yes, they reserve the right to drop you at anytime which includes the next time your policy renews after an accident if they deem you to have become an excessive risk.

My wife and I are both in are mid-late 20s and drive sporty-versions of foreign cars. We drive a combined 50,000 miles a year (32 miles each way for both of us to work) which Erie knows about. Our cars are not garaged. Our policy is quite good.

My premium (for me and my car) is about $600 for a year, hers is around $700 (more expensive vehicle I think, and newer). The next closest estimate we had (state farm at the time) was $500 more a year combined.

Their customer service is outstanding....

If they drop me in the future, that'll suck and I'll find a place with a more expensive premium.

But for now, we don't get into accidents and we don't get speeding tickets recently....so I guess it's worth it to me to save ~$500 a year for each year I'm with them.

Joe

Shelter Insurance here. Very cheap and very good service. Our agent is top notch and I had a car totaled while under their policy. Although the claims service could have gone a bit faster, in the end they gave me more than a fair amount of money on the settlement. I'd recommend them.

I just switched from GEICO to Esurance. My policy with GEICO was about $1000 every 6 months, and when I switched to Esurance with higher coverage limits, my policy went down to less than $850 every 6 months. I'm 25/M with a couple speeding tickets in the last 5 years. I didn't really have a complaint with GEICO, but I never had to use them, and I just wanted to get a cheaper rate.

27/m 1 speeding ticket in two years

500deduc. $1000 a year with USAA. for my 05 lgt. will be less now that its paid off

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

The first ticket will not affect our premium (the usual 2-3 point type of ticket at least), and yes, they reserve the right to drop you at anytime which includes the next time your policy renews after an accident if they deem you to have become an excessive risk.

My wife and I are both in are mid-late 20s and drive sporty-versions of foreign cars. We drive a combined 50,000 miles a year (32 miles each way for both of us to work) which Erie knows about. Our cars are not garaged. Our policy is quite good.

My premium (for me and my car) is about $600 for a year, hers is around $700 (more expensive vehicle I think, and newer). The next closest estimate we had (state farm at the time) was $500 more a year combined.

Their customer service is outstanding....

If they drop me in the future, that'll suck and I'll find a place with a more expensive premium.

But for now, we don't get into accidents and we don't get speeding tickets recently....so I guess it's worth it to me to save ~$500 a year for each year I'm with them.

Joe

"we don't get into accidents" . . . I wasn't aware someone could simply decide not to get into accidents :lol: Even the best drivers on the road land up in accidents occasionally.

And I was straight up dropped, no warning, no questions asked. (real professional) Two weeks after my accident I just got a letter saying I no longer had insurance coverage. That's how Erie operates, I know first hand. And my father had been with Erie over twenty years when he got his speeding ticket, and they destroyed him on his premiums. They really value customer loyalty over there. :rolleyes:

I'm 22 and I have Allstate paying $190/month with 2 reckless driving speeding tickets lol and I got a quote from my prev insurance co. (Farmers) before I switched and they quoted me over $450/month!

I have had Geico for about 4 or 5 years now. I'm 27 with a clean driving record in NY. I just paid $6xx for 6 months inlcuding collision and a $500 deductible on my 05 LGT. I couldn't be happier. I had to make 2 claims in the last 4 years (both not my fault) and they came through both times with no issues at all.

Wow, this is great information. I think I might have to look into switching. I am a 23yo male and I pay $480/6 months with no collision. I would really like to have full coverage. My policy expires in a couple months.

54y/o State Farm, $732 a year.

AAA also writes insurance, you may want to check them out too. I'm switching to them soon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived