LegacyGT.com

Car Insurance Legacy 05 GT {Advice}

I"m with 21 Century Ins. (a.k.a. AIG) about 4yrs. For Full coverage on my 07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, is $365.00. The same coverage minus collision, on my 05 Legacy GT is 234.00. That is only $599.00 every 6 mos. for both cars.

M\42, clean driving rec. $500 deductible on both for Comp. & $1000, deductible on collision for the GXP. I only carry collision ins. on car I own money.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Geico here, $6XX every six months, two drivers, clean record. Had them for many years, never had to do a claim. Had one ticket with points, rates did not go up.

X

---

I had progressive for the longest time as at one point I had a horrible driving record and they were one of the few companies I could get a reasonable rate from. At the end of my time with them, I was paying about $550 per 6 month period. At that time it was for an 06 Ion Redline and a 98 Eddie Bauer explorer. They pissed me off one day and wouldn't remove a car from my insurance without me faxing some paper I wasn't able to get. They were however able to cancel my insurance all together. So I got a quote with Geico for the same 2 vehicles, and it was around $420 for 6 months. I switched to that instantly and haven't looked back. It's been close to 3 years with them now, and my rate for an 08 spec b fully covered is around $360 per 6 months.

My only advice is keep calling around. I do have Progressive but be wary they watch not only your credit rating but even credit trends. Not sure what happened but they raised my rate $50 this year due to excess credit, now $950/year for 04 WRX & 05 LGT wagons.

If you live with a partner you can do the "living in sin" clause and insurance on same policy with some companies and states. It yielded me and fiance a 25% discount across policy due to multi-car.

if your a pentagon federal credit union member geico gives a discount for that. i found that getting a quote over the phone is the most accurate way to get the quote. i had too many speeding tickets and everytime i did an online quote it would be incorrect by a lot or tell me to call customer service. also if you call you can ask them what discounts they give.

Had Progressive for a while, then decided to shop around when the policy was just about up. Went to GEICO, 400 bucks less a year for just about the highest coverage I could get (~$130/mo), I even called GEICO to make sure that was really going to be the price as there was such a difference. Includes good driver and state employee discounts for a 30 y/o male.

i'm with liberty mutual, apparently they give a 10% discount to subaru owners but with that said, i'm almost certain my rates are excessively high for full coverage, 100/300 and $500 deductible

i'm around $900/6 months, clean record

i really should shop around now that i've read this thread. however at the time when i purchased my car i was under some special circumstances which liberty mutual was able to accommodate.

edit: i did forget to add that liberty insures my aftermarket parts as well, which is nice of them, it didn't really change my rates either (but i guess i'm paying for it anyway with my ridiculous premium)

edit 2: i just got a quote from esurance and they quoted me at $1036/ 6 months?? am i just being too crazy on my coverage limits here

i'm with liberty mutual, apparently they give a 10% discount to subaru owners but with that said, i'm almost certain my rates are excessively high for full coverage, 100/300 and $500 deductible

i'm around $900/6 months, clean record

edit 2: i just got a quote from esurance and they quoted me at $1036/ 6 months?? am i just being too crazy on my coverage limits here

liberty mutual wanted 3500 a year for my durango cause the said ive been drivng for only two years. i was 24 at the time. and my DL said issued 2004. switched to usaa and 1200 a year for same truck

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

might want to check if geico insures aftermarket parts, i dont think they do but dont quote me on that. just thowing this out there, usaa told me progressive is there sister company. usaa is supposed to be the best rates for military.

Archived