LegacyGT.com

Group N Trans mount worth it?

Mindspin311

I did this upgrade about 2 months ago, totally worth it. Easy install, plus very positive shift feel. i would suggest this upgrade to anyone, very good bang for the buck. i also have an upgraded clutch, short shifter, and am running stage 2.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have the install pics but Mike (VXCL) and I did it in his driveway in less than 20 minutes or so. Here's a thread on the install:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/96269-sti-group-n-transmission-mount.html

All I can say is this is a great mod and well worth it. Do the shifter bushing too while you're at it :lol:

just ordered super shifter kit, group n tranny/engine mounts, tranny x-member bushings, pitchstop...can't wait to get rid of the wobbly shifter, but moreso the engine/tranny rocking in low gears, makes bumper to bumper driving a pain in the ass...

OK, I need to go back to something softer I think. The noise is driving me nuts.

It seems to have gotten worse which makes me think perhaps I have something wrong in my gearbox.

I love how it tightens up the shifts and gets ride of a lot of slop but damn this gear whine!

I just did the Group N trans mount and Group N trans cross member bushings. I took it for a quick spin around the block and got on the car hard, I can feel the difference already. Shifting feels more solid and more direct, I do hear some more noise coming from the trans but its expected. I did have the radio low and off and one point so I could hear it. For those who are installing this, I recommend removing the front trans cross member as it was easier for me to reinstall everything.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

and with the cross member off you mind as well change those bushings

True, I was replacing them anyway, you have to remove the one cross member anyway to get the trans bracket out so while you're in there replace them. Those bushings are like $27 from beans They are worth the money too :)

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Archived