LegacyGT.com

Trade-in a 08 LGT for an 09? Craziness! :)

yeah. i remember you thinking about some MBA program.

i would hope an MBA-er would know his/her way around this mumbo jumbo

I dunno... my buddy finished his MBA a year ago and he lives in a tiny apartment in Boston, has an '01 Maxima in a paid-garage that he never uses, and maintains a $10k credit card balance. :eek:

Yeah, a degree is not a guarantee of future performance :)

Buying a brand new car (hell, doing anything other than maintaining a reliable older vehicle) is a function of throwing money away. All cars are (unless it's something that's actually gaining lots of value), it's just a matter of how much you are willing to burn.

As UncleMat has aptly pointed out, it doesn't make much financial sense in the long-term to trade-in for a 1-year later model of the exact same car. Sometimes the intangibles are worth it, but not usually.

The 0% financing complicates things a bit, as you can argue a point for inflation and lower true cost of ownership, but it's still a losing proposition :)

Joe

Sometimes the things we do make no practical sense but each one of us has personal reasons or motivations for doing certain things, wrong or right. If he can afford it then who cares what he does?

sometimes people walk themselves off a cliff with all the best intentions :confused:

car for sale. PM me!

This thread is an interesting snapshot of the nation's business savvy. Talk about varied. Joe, is your focus on whether the car upgrade is worth the money, or whether the upgrade is a significant one in general?
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived