LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice cable! How is the quality, where did you purchase it from? It saves me from having to splice/solder my own female to the included stereo cable.

I see that it's about 4 feet. Was that enough?

Edited by fishbone

I got it from here. Quality seems good, length was perfect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-iSIMPLE-IS335-3-5mm-Dash-Mount-Aux-Input-Kit-/110617063401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c14a6fe9

If I was doing this again, I would've got a 5' male-male cable and just run that out of the same place. You still need a male-male cable to plug into the the ipod anyway, which is just one extra cable in the link.

In case I haven't stated this before: this kit is THE BEST!!!

Sound quality is perfect, install is easy, no 80 min blank CD (I had the other aux-in for a while) and it just works. You don't even have to keep your radio in CD mode: flip it on and sound comes out, radio or CD mode.

Auto-switching works awesome. Only problem I had with it: using it as my hands-free for my cell if I am talking too long and the other person is listening and not making noise it'll switch off, which means the radio comes back on while I am talking. So I put it in "always on" mode and its perfect.

My CD player in my Subaru is totally dead. The usual cd changer jam that seems to happen to these after a few years (of playing the same blank CD all the time...) and this still works perfectly.

So GET IT! If it fits your car, get it. The difference in price is negligible compared to how well it works. Its less than 2 tanks of gas here in CA.

Wait what phone do you have? I can get this to play music from my Iphone no problem but it won't do a call through it.

And probably said it earlier but will again, love this part!

Wait what phone do you have? I can get this to play music from my Iphone no problem but it won't do a call through it.

And probably said it earlier but will again, love this part!

I am using an Android phone. Audio comes thru the cable just fine including call audio. But of course I have to use the phone's mic. The android phone is smart enough to know what is plugged in does not have a mic and does the right thing. I have not tried with an iphone.

I can kinda use an iPhone, but I'm using audio out from the dock connector. When a call comes in, I have to answer it and switch to speaker phone- then the call audio comes through the stereo and the iPhone mic picks me up.

More often than not, I use my BT headset instead.

Don't know how it would work if you use the headphone jack.

wtf, where did this come from!!!!!!

"Here's what included in the kit:

- The aux board (of course!)

- Remote switch with 6 foot cable

- Ty-rap to secure the cables "

whats the remote switch do? the jack is on the board so, so you have to run your own cable, correct? and the remote switch does what exactly??? actually turns it on and off, show a picture of the switch. I think I read somewhere it comes with the cable that plugs into the jack on the board, if so can you update your original post to add that to the included list.

so it actually comes with

- Ty-rap to secure the cables

- 3.5mm extension cable???

Edited by Tehnation

I can kinda use an iPhone, but I'm using audio out from the dock connector. When a call comes in, I have to answer it and switch to speaker phone- then the call audio comes through the stereo and the iPhone mic picks me up.

More often than not, I use my BT headset instead.

Don't know how it would work if you use the headphone jack.

Thats what I was trying, headphone jack... which does work with headphones. Maybe I just need to try again.

wtf, where did this come from!!!!!!

"Here's what included in the kit:

- Ty-rap to secure the cables "

whats the remote switch do? the jack is on the board so, so you have to run your own cable, correct? and the remote switch does what exactly??? actually turns it on and off, show a picture of the switch. I think I read somewhere it comes with the cable that plugs into the jack on the board, if so can you update your original post to add that to the included list.

so it actually comes with

- Ty-rap to secure the cables

- 3.5mm extension cable???

The switch turns it off, full-on, or auto (starts playing when it senses input through jack.. volume has to be on high end of spectrum on most devices)

it comes with everything you need to set it up. enough 3.5mm (i think 10ft) cable to get from behind the radio into the car area with a ton of slack, and enough cable for the remote switch to do the same.

people buying more stuff are just trying to customize it for themselves.

There is enough slack in the aux so you are able to run a line to the hooker you're keeping hostage in your trunk.

:lol: Your hostages are treated well! You let them choose the music! :lol:

In fact, 6 foot is too short usually, so the next "size" I found was 10...

By the way, I don't have stock on this cable for now, you will have to buy one by yourself. Remember that it needs to be 3.5mm (1/8'') male headphone connector to connect to the aux in board.

do i need to buy the extension cable? or does it come with that as well? i like it!

I was giving the opportunity to buy the audio cable from me when ordering, but I currently do not have any stock on the audio cable. So for now, you'll have to purchase it by yourself.

Choose one that is longer than 6 foot, I would say minimum 8 foot if you wish to route the cable up to the centre console between the seats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received it in the mail today. already installed it.

From start to finish ( im picky ) took a total of an hour and a half. Thats from the time i opened up the door and started taking the radio out. Im impressed. set the iphone to about 75% and you cant really tell. Its crystal clear to my ears. So on that note, positive itrader feedback is being left for you sir. thank you once again.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

• 1 month later...
is it possible that this made my stereo sound better? awesome! very happy with the whole deal... only advice.. don't put the switch where I did..(on front vertical panel in drink cubby as you will need to solder wires for it to fit...) not a big deal but I got all excited about putting the switch there without trying it all plugged in.. the wires from the plug run into the housing for the seat heater.. my bad but it all worked out... even gets calls on iphone 4s people seem to be able to hear me just fine and I can hear them through speakers.. thanks!!!!!