LegacyGT.com

please help with sway bar decision - I know

ohiotrojan

Whiteline bars with Kartboy endlinks here... Highly recommended. The bars are solid and adjustable and have held up well to New England conditions so far. With the adjustability you have four possible configurations of various roll force distribution, six if you include the stock bars.

Also, I wanted bushing (non-spherical) endlinks for their resistance to wear and also because the help keep the bar from "walking" which has been a reported problem in the past.

Also, I wanted bushing (non-spherical) endlinks for their resistance to wear and also because the help keep the bar from "walking" which has been a reported problem in the past.

Your whiteline bars has an anti "walking" device installed on it. There is a clamp on both sides of the busing mounting area that keeps the front bar from walking.

Your whiteline bars has an anti "walking" device installed on it. There is a clamp on both sides of the busing mounting area that keeps the front bar from walking.

I lost confidence in that collar after I was able to slide it down the bar with my finger. :lol:

I have tried re-tightening it with the proper crimp tool, but it just doesn't do much.

I lost confidence in that collar after I was able to slide it down the bar with my finger. :lol:

I have tried re-tightening it with the proper crimp tool, but it just doesn't do much.

Hum...I haven't had any problems with mine? I guess you could always weld a collar on the bar like Perrin does.

i have a cobb bar with stock endlinks it been fine for over 2 years go for it!

Ditto. 60k miles on f/r Cobb sways and stock links on both ends, numerous autox events, and zero problems.

Save your money on aftermarket endlinks with pretty but fragile spherical bearings. Those are fine for racing but unless your replace them a lot, the bearing get grit in them and bind up within hundreds of miles.

I raced karts that used such bearings in many areas. I replaced them at least twice a year over 12-15 events (about 250-400 miles of racing).

Get the whitelines or any other sway bar that makes you feel all warm inside. I have never read a negative on any of the aftermarket LGT sway bars. I have the whitelines f&r on my wagon for the last 3+ years with Perrin end links and no problems at all. Had the same setup on my froestor and WRX with zero issues. Is one bar better than another for a daily driver, doubtful.

I don't have any preference for any particular manufacturer's products. Nor do I know any suspension guru whose preference I would automatically follow. But I suspect size makes a difference even for a daily driver.

Rallitex's set is 22 mm front & 19 mm rear fixed bars. ....But Rallitex also offers the JDM 20 mm rear fixed bar to confuse the size issue. :confused: I'm guessing you are expected to use the JDM rear without replacing the OEM 21 mm front bar.

AVO has a 20 mm rear adjustable bar.

Perrin's makes adjustable 22 & 25 mm front & rear bars so you can mix or match leaving you guessing what size to use. :spin:

Whiteline offers a 22 mm front & 20 mm rear both of which can be had either fixed or adjustable. :confused:

:spin::spin::spin:

So what size is best and does it make that much difference doing the front or is a bigger rear bar enough?

It is all confusing enough that I'm almost tempted just to spend the money on some new motorcycle gear instead of on my LGT. At least then I know what will work for me. :icon_neut

Archived