LegacyGT.com

I wanna go stage II

trying to think of a good combination of parts to go with. I've been doing some research and I kinda wanna go with cobb under the hood (UP,DP,chip)

any suggestions on something different? is it worth the money to go all cobb or should i go a different route...

By chip I suppose you mean Cobb Accessport. I have one and like it a lot. It comes with Cobb maps (stage 1 and 2) that are pretty tame. When you're finished with your bolt ons you can have a tuner create more aggressive maps that are tailored to your mods.

As for Cobb UP and DP, there are WAY WAY cheaper routes to go. They all pretty much make the same power. I have catless Megan up and dp and paid 1/10 of what the Cobb pieces cost. I did the installs myself and ran into some really annoying and time consuming fitment issues, but after some modification they fit and work perfectly. Cobb makes top notch stuff, so if money is no object by all means get'em. If you're like me though and you're on a budget, you have a ton of options.

Be warned, I just went stage 2 after about three months of stage 1 and the difference is unbelievable...but I'm already thinking about the next upgrade. Modifying is like crack.

Check out the intake and exhaust forum. Lot's of options and info there.

Make sure you have it tuned afterwords. You should be able to meet up with one and have them plug in and street tune it. If you can't do it yourself.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've been running a Cobb DP for almost 2 years now. It's a great piece and am very happy with the quality and fitment. They do come at a cost however ....

A lot of members have also had good comments about the Invidia DP.

As for UP ... some have fitment problems and leaks with a solid UP. There are a number of vendors who do flex UP like Grimmspeed.

Good luck.

trying to think of a good combination of parts to go with. I've been doing some research and I kinda wanna go with cobb under the hood (UP,DP,chip)

any suggestions on something different? is it worth the money to go all cobb or should i go a different route...

Cobb AP

The rest of your parts are up to you. There are quite a few LGTs on Long Island. You can see some of their setups, listen to how the different exhausts sound and make your decision.

Also, a custom tune by Dave at MSPT.

I would also recommend upgrading brakes and suspension. With increased power you'll need increased stopping and handling. Better pads, lines, swaybars and springs will help you enjoy the power.

If you are on a budget, look for used parts and a used Accessport. The members classified section is great for that. ;)

Otherwise, if money isn't an issue, by all means, Cobb's fitment & quality is one of the best if not the best for Subaru's.

i am currently stock with my 08 LGT.im pretty much a newb but i want to get a professional stage II tune after doing a turbo-back exhaust (cheapest avail). I already have a GFB BOV...think it would be neccessary to do anything with the stock intake? its my daily driver (and brand new) and i dont want to ruin the car with too much...but like i said, i def want to be stage II. any input on the intake?

Like everyone says...you get what you pay for

not true opensource tunes are much cheaper than Cobb and is much better. All you need is a laptop and a taxtric cable. ;)

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

i am currently stock with my 08 LGT.im pretty much a newb but i want to get a professional stage II tune after doing a turbo-back exhaust (cheapest avail). I already have a GFB BOV...think it would be neccessary to do anything with the stock intake? its my daily driver (and brand new) and i dont want to ruin the car with too much...but like i said, i def want to be stage II. any input on the intake?

Input on the intake .... don't get one.

Stock is more than enough on the stock turbo. Maybe consider a new panel filter like the AVO.

Everything is good, G! I had been fighting some rear suspension issue but think they're finally sorted. The family is well..no complaints. You?
Rehab is for quitters.

All is well.

Car is running strong. Extremely happy with the improvements from the exhaust manifolds and meth.

Family is great. On holidays the rest of this week.

Life is good.

I have a K&N intake since stage 1. You can use Opensource and scale your MAF. Make sure run your BOV to full recir. or your car will run rich at shifts. If you get the K&N you will still get the BOV sound and turbo spool sound even with the stock BPV.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Probably no need for an intake.

If you are getting protune, you should just get the AVO or any other brand Panel Filter.

That will save you money for the protune instead of spending $200+ for an Intake.

To echo comments already made, stick with the OEM airbox and get yourself an K&N or AVO panel filter. The stock airbox has more than enough capacity for a stage 2+ car. And you'll be getting cooler air than with an underhood 'filter on a stick'.

As far as which parts to use, any of the 'big' vendors will have the right parts for you. As was also suggested, look for used parts. Nothing wrong with used if you can live with the fact that they might not be real shiny. :)

yea i jumped the gun being excited when i first got it and dropped 250 bills on an AEM intake. It sounds sweeett but i feel like i could have gotten the same results by removing the silencer from the stock box.

with an open source tuner, are their preprogrammed maps or do you have to log everything yourself?? the cobb has the maps and the ability to be tuned too but i think you need a special program for that? or just a certified cobb tuner?? i wonder how much a place will charge to tweak with that. How are those grimmspeed UP's? I've been reading up on stuff and it seems like a flex uppipe is the best route.

noob question but where da eff is the BOV on these things? I know its a recirc system or w/e but i cant seem to locate it.

but hopefully ill have enough cheese with this weeks paycheck to go stage II.

As far as going with an brake and suspension upgrade (forget who mentioned that on the first page) mann that spec B handles like its on rails and the brakes are realll nice too. I think im going to leave the suspension alone for now minus sway bars and little stuff. And the brakes when the old ones are worn out, why fix something that aint broke right?

Archived