LegacyGT.com

I wanna go stage II

I've had both the Cobb and INvidia DP's and can say both are quality pieces that make good power.

If you look at the forums closely you will see that INtakes and BOV's are not necessary and you will not make hardly any gains (besides noise). Save your $ for stage II and a custom tune (try the Infamous tune).

ok i'm going with one of those packages this friday (cobb or invidia DP). I know you cannot have any aftermarket intake, which i rooked out on and impulse bought one without doin my research first. Say I want to keep it on there, could the car be retuned by a tunner to not run lean?

I am in the same boat in wanting to go stage 2. I have a greddy evo2 catback and am thinking about buying a cobb dp and access port. My local shop said that I should buy an intake too... I was skeptical and have come to the conclusion that he is just wanting more $$$ off me. I have also read that an up is not necessary for the 09s because they are catless unlike the 05's.. Is this true? Will my stock up and intake handle stage2?!

i was reading up on those a little bit mindspin and it seems like people were having problems with that piece sticking out too far and needing to be grinded back..

So i was just being excited and looking at cobbs site and learning more about this programmer, how effin cool i didnt know its got LAUNCH CONTROL!! haha bye bye needing a two step its already built in! just gotta download the map off their site.

The requirements on the site for stage two says you need a turbo back exhaust....I'm fine to run that SII map with only the downpipe?

• 4 weeks later...
You're going to get what you pay for mostly. There are cheaper alternatives to Cobb that work just as well from what I hear. Personally for the DP I'm considering an Invidia DP based on price, fitment and quality I've heard about. I also would say avoid Megan parts. From what I have seen/heard of them they make CRAP products.

By chip I suppose you mean Cobb Accessport. I have one and like it a lot. It comes with Cobb maps (stage 1 and 2) that are pretty tame. When you're finished with your bolt ons you can have a tuner create more aggressive maps that are tailored to your mods.

As for Cobb UP and DP, there are WAY WAY cheaper routes to go. They all pretty much make the same power. I have catless Megan up and dp and paid 1/10 of what the Cobb pieces cost. I did the installs myself and ran into some really annoying and time consuming fitment issues, but after some modification they fit and work perfectly. Cobb makes top notch stuff, so if money is no object by all means get'em. If you're like me though and you're on a budget, you have a ton of options.

Be warned, I just went stage 2 after about three months of stage 1 and the difference is unbelievable...but I'm already thinking about the next upgrade. Modifying is like crack.

E tank you always give good advice man.

this is what i did w/ my stage 2 and i am loving it.

invidia downpipe, perrin uppipe (bought combo from jscspeed.com for a great price)

taxtrix cable

greddy evo2 catback (not needed but i bought if b4 i bought the car)

check out my stage 2 discussion and open source tune w/ mickeyd. i'm ws_sick

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic3154.html

mickeyd was very suprised on how my car performed :wub:

anybody know if my bov will have any adverse affects running the ots stage two map?

You can run stock BOV well up to stage II and beyond. I actually took off my HKS BOV and put the stocker back in.

+1 on Invidia DP.

Archived