LegacyGT.com

Rear underbody brace, will this make a difference?

korntera

I won this part. http://www.rallitek.com/avoreunbr.html

Will this make a difference on my 05 LGT with Kumho XS tires, F/R sways and rallitek springs? Is this just going to every so slighty stiffen up the rear end or do you think it might make a noticable difference for a heavy track day.

Im trying to decide if its worth my time putting it on before the next track day or if i can put off the install for a while.

I have done quite a number of bracing on my car, along with other suspension mods.

This is one brace that I really do recommend (I have the Cusco, but it does exactly the same thing). The OEM mounting points for the rear suspension are very weak, compared to after these braces are installed. My front brace was not really noticeable to me, a number of bushings I did were not really noticeable. These rear braces were!

Post up your thoughts once they are installed!

I have done quite a number of bracing on my car, along with other suspension mods.

This is one brace that I really do recommend (I have the Cusco, but it does exactly the same thing). The OEM mounting points for the rear suspension are very weak, compared to after these braces are installed. My front brace was not really noticeable to me, a number of bushings I did were not really noticeable. These rear braces were!

Post up your thoughts once they are installed!

Well in this case I guess i will put them on tonight or tomorow. I don't have the front brace since I won the rears, cost me $20 in raffle tickets and i got two free tee shirts, a shifter bushing(still sitting in the garage) and a great time!

I have cusco under bracing f&r on mine and it was a nice improvement over upgraded sways etc... less dive and squat and better turn in. Also its a relatively cheap upgrade.

...i got two free tee shiRts...

:lol: well, I'd have skipped that portion of the raffle!

on a serious note, I have the Cusco front and rear lower arm bars and love them. I can feel the isolation in suspension movement, esp. with the front bar...but pair these with sticky tires and a front LSD and the car gets transformed.

Pretty damn sure footed and quite capable.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Oops, edited for spelling lol.

I started the install tonight, with an impact drill i couldn't get off the 17mm bolts... This could be fun during try two tomorow. Hopefully i will have a initial report by friday and a final report monday after the second track day in a week.

korntera, did your AVO set come with two longer bolts and some washers? I'd suggest you test fit the braces first and see if the stock lower arm bolt has enough length to attach everything before you start breaking bolts.

To the guys that bought the Cusco setup did your rear kits come with two longer bolts and some washers to attach the bars?

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Archived