LegacyGT.com

Given up on Prodrive cans...what else?

Lesbaru

I had my heart set on some Prodrive cans but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I use my LGT wagon for business and need a conservative exhaust tone. What's my next best choice after the Prodrives? The car is bone stock.

avos are fairly large diameter, i'm not sure how "business" like that would appear to your clients pulling up with grapefruit sized tips on your car. they can be fairly loud as well once you start some other exhaust mods (up/dp). they are awesome sounding though if you want some intense rumble.

cobb would prob be the way to go though.

Hogzaust

People still do this?

avos are fairly large diameter, i'm not sure how "business" like that would appear to your clients pulling up with grapefruit sized tips on your car. they can be fairly loud as well once you start some other exhaust mods (up/dp). they are awesome sounding though if you want some intense rumble.

I would do a DP with the AVO Y/Mid pipes and keep the stock cans.

Sorry but compared side by side to cobb, the cobb's are a bit louder, and throaty which makes it sound a bit louder. The avo's have been one of the quieter mufflers i have found, they have more of a bass/barotone sound to them. The 4 inch tips don't look that out of place either, however the cobbs do have a more subdued tip. I will post pics of my avo's, if no one else posts pics.

At the moment though my mid and y is causing a drone since it is resting on my frame which also causes the car to act like a speaker for the exhaust. Once i get that taken care of i will post up sound clips.

Any exhaust is going to sound louder after the up and dp, i have gone through stock, x02, lachute replica's and now avo's. Once the avo's have settled in they are quite subdued.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

No decision yet. I'm considering everything from a downpipe + tune to a Hog-zaust. Nothing is really jumping out at me so far though.

You may as well try the Hog-zaust..Its less than two bucks and actually good sounding. It took me prob. 10 minutes to do the whole thing..I was able to retain the factory bolts. I guess if those gave me some trouble it would have taken longer..

Try it and see what you think..

Archived