LegacyGT.com

So I checked out a 2010 Legacy Today

rao

I figured I should get in on the fun :lol:

The dealer had 1 top secret 2010 2.5i on the showroom floor.

Here is my instant review:

1. Exterior - accept it - the car is a Camry, which might not be that bad ;) The slab sides are weird, but I could live with it if the car performs (note that the car was a not-to-be driven 2.5i so that will have to wait)

2. Interior - Lexus my a** :lol: It is not like a Lada, but I doubt they will be entering it in any contests.

If it hasn't gained weight and is as modifiable as the current car, I will take a serious look when it is time for a new car.

We have 2 2.5 limiteds and one outback limited. I drove it very smooth cushy ride, no lsd's on any of the models the cvt is very smooth and just sits at 4k rpm while you are accelerating. The paddle shifters are actually pretty quick but the car is not. Our regional sales manager came by with a gt and I sat in it and felt the shifter it was very sloppy and hard to tell if you were in 3rd or 5th.

It is great that they focus on the rear passengers, considering that they have pretty much shown that they don't care that much about the driver, aside from using "sport" as a marketing generator.

Thanks, but I drive my cars, not ride around in the back seats. I also happen to PAY for the cars, so it pretty much has to appeal to me. :D

After toyota ruined my respect for them taking the supra out of their lineup and building cars that get 30+ mpg and look like, ride like, handle like, and perform like hell, i've lost all respect for them. Since all new cars are starting to look like eachother and even perform like eachother I can honestly say i'm staring clear of them. I figure when America stops this good gas mileage BS real cars are gunna be made again, hopefully it's soon though, hate to say it but 40mpg on a prius isn't good, go back almost 10 years and pickup a honda insight and achieve 63mpg. If the government wanted cars to get good mileage they should import those 70+ mpg cars in Europe.

And to add on to it, who gives a crap about my passengers, I want to drive my car, not have it drive me (up a tree and everything else)

After toyota ruined my respect for them taking the supra out of their lineup and building cars that get 30+ mpg and look like, ride like, handle like, and perform like hell, i've lost all respect for them. Since all new cars are starting to look like eachother and even perform like eachother I can honestly say i'm staring clear of them.

I think the Lexus IS looks a lot better than the new Legacy! And it has a very nice interior and cockpit layout.

We have 2 2.5 limiteds and one outback limited. I drove it very smooth cushy ride, no lsd's on any of the models the cvt is very smooth and just sits at 4k rpm while you are accelerating. The paddle shifters are actually pretty quick but the car is not. Our regional sales manager came by with a gt and I sat in it and felt the shifter it was very sloppy and hard to tell if you were in 3rd or 5th.

Cable shifter- FTL.

I just saw a new PREZ edition down at Bill Kolb in NY, the only big things I dont like are the interior because it looks geared for older people, like 50 +. The wheel arches are HUGE!!!!!!! And lastly I didnt like how the new Leg made my 07 look like an Impreza in the size department, the 2010 is a big car. Besides that, I did like alot of things about it, seems subaru is gunning for that "CEO" status like a Merc or Lexus might have.

I saw it today and I like it. It only weighs 60 lbs. more than the previous auto 2.5i. The interior is nice, far better than the Forester or Impreza. I guess I expected this car to be bigger, given the pictures I've seen. Nevertheless, I still like the concept Legacy better.

Archived