LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Test Drive

mattejb

From ten years ago maybe. Have you sat in a recent Audi A4. The USDM 2010 LGT interior looks cheap and only a notch higher than what you would expect to see in a Corolla.

Wow. If Audi, Mazda, Subaru, BMW for the last few years, and others, if the interior materials and design are falling...

That is not a good sign. I've been wondering if we're headed back into the 1970s again, and repeating history.

I think we might actually be. Fewer good cars, fewer good designs, less quality, more government, more regulation, and less buying power in the hands of the public...

Agree, if it's true the car is only 50 lbs. heavier given the size increase, it's amazing. Think if they applied these weight saving measures to BP/BL Legacy... low 3000 lbs. car? That would be crazy cool.

I've been wondering if we're headed back into the 1970s again, and repeating history.

I think we might actually be. Fewer good cars, fewer good designs, less quality, more government, more regulation, and less buying power in the hands of the public...

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if that is the case as it won't be the first market to head backwards in recent years but that is another topic of conversation.

No, I most certainly did not. The only thing I honestly liked was the extended use of lighter materials to cut weight. :(

It's a bit apples to oranges to compare the weight of the new 2.5i CVT to a Bl(05-09)) 5EAT LGT. I'm still waiting for the weight figure for the new 2010 LGT. Actually, any official NHTSA weights for any of new Legacy models.

Agree, if it's true the car is only 50 lbs. heavier given the size increase, it's amazing. Think if they applied these weight saving measures to BP/BL Legacy... low 3000 lbs. car? That would be crazy cool.

Seriously! If the same technology was used on the 05-09 the car would easily be a couple hundred pounds lighter.

Seriously! If the same technology was used on the 05-09 the car would easily be a couple hundred pounds lighter.

Not sure about a couple of hundred lbs but definitely lighter. Remember the current LGT has a sunroof but the 10 “premium” does not. That adds a few pounds to the older car. My base 05 OBXT, 5MT is actually lighter than an 05 LGT wagon Limited with a 5EAT.

Also, biggest weight GAIN for the new model is the lack of aluminum hood and trunk. I’d say apples to apples (sunroof to sunroof/MT to MT) comparison would be about 100 lbs lighter for the 09 LGT

Archived