LegacyGT.com

new info on 06 legacy

Well, there you go. This is the proof you all wanted.

From now On, i will not post any more information on this forum. Too bad, I actually had alot of info you guys might of wanted to know. Will be a pleasure reading though. Like I said before, if you can't share without being discredited... then keep it to yourself.

take a look, and try not to choke when you cry, benny. ;) ( oh yeah, and TBD, for those of you who don't know means to be determined. )

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/9947/forester06verso8bx.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't take it personally. A lot of people post rumours from "reliable sources" that almost always turn out to be total crap. Dealer sales people usually being amongst the most unreliable. So until you've established your credibility, the normal reaction is to dismiss all rumours about future models.

I mean, this should be enough, no ?

Does it? Maybe I missed the point of the argument with all the names being thrown back and forth. :rolleyes:

I thought the issue was 6sp and 2.5L for the WRX. This pic shows a Forrester with a 5sp. What did I miss that you made so clear for us? (scratching my head)

From now On, i will not post any more information on this forum. Too bad, I actually had alot of info you guys might of wanted to know. Will be a pleasure reading though. Like I said before, if you can't share without being discredited... then keep it to yourself.

I think regardless of where you go there will be skeptics and people that call you out. You can choose to ignore them or let them affect you. In the end if you're right about it, then more propz to you. Just wanted to let you know that some people do value whatever input you give.

-precise

Actually he is showing that the SOHC engines will have VVL, that is new...

This is from the original post...

same 2.5Liter sohc engine, better sound, more fuel efficient and vvt, (variable valve timing....) VVT !!!!!! MORE POWER!!!!niiiiice !
And then some of the replies...

VVT on SOHC engines? I don't think that would work too well as your intake and exhaust are on the same cam.

I'm guessing NA engines would get a DOHC engine with VVT

Variable valve timing on a SOHC doesn't make sense IMO and doesn't exist on any foreign models. You'd be altering both intake and exhaust timing at the same time in same direction and I don't know if that would be a good thing, although it could be.

Not picking on you Seth, because I saw your point, but I also knew it had been done in other places before and I am trying to enlighten the people who don't read threads, just posts :mad: ...

By the way VVT and VVL are different, if the VVL mentioned above is like Toyota's VVL, it is much better than VVT...

Ted

:spin:

Actually he is showing that the SOHC engines will have VVL, that is new...

This is from the original post...

And then some of the replies...

Not picking on you Seth, because I saw your point, but I also knew it had been done in other places before and I am trying to enlighten the people who don't read threads, just posts :mad: ...

By the way VVT and VVL are different, if the VVL mentioned above is like Toyota's VVL, it is much better than VVT...

Ted

explain why one should be better than the other ?

Here is a quick find comparing the two

VVT and VVL

Basically , VVT alters only the cam timing (advancing or retarding as needed), whereas VVL (or VTEC) has extra cam lobes for high RPMs and alters the cam timing ...

AVCS is Subarus I-VTEC, but I don't know for the SOHC engine. :confused:

Ted

:spin:

Archived