LegacyGT.com

new info on 06 legacy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it doesn't matter what's on the cd you guys don't believe it, soooo wait till you see it.

thanks

I heard rumors, then had it verified by a Subaru salesperson (who was astounded that I knew - he couldn't figure out how the info got out), that the US is indeed getting a Subaru Legacy STi. It will most likely be a 2007 model. I believe it is set to be announced sometime between April and June/July of this year, to be released mid-2006 as a 2007 model.

The important parts: Beefed-up STi 6-spd tranny, twin-turbo H6 (not sequential turbos, but each turbo feeding a bank of 3 cylinders), 350-400 hp.

Cost? $35-40,000.

The twin-turbo engine for the Legacy will also be an option on the Tribeca (confirmed by said salesperson) to compete with Porsche's Cayenne, with the standard motor being the normally-aspirated H6.

The WRX is indeed getting a boost from 2.0 to 2.5 liters for the American market, but I don't recall if that was for 2006 or 2007.

I have not heard anything about a boost to the 2.5i motor, but it would be a welcome change. My '98 Legacy has basically the same motor, at the same horsepower rating (165) (or are the newer ones 168?) so it's been long overdue for some massaging. 200 hp sounds about right.

Almost forgot: The Legacy STi will have 18" wheels, and slightly flared fenders to cover wider wheels.

I'd take one NOW at only 35K~40K!!! I should be living in Europe in 2007, and my question will be, to E90 M3 or to (JDM) Legacy STi? Or maybe I should get the Legacy STi for the family and M3 for myself? :D

This Space For Rent

Salespeople are the last to know....:lol:

Doubt - Legacy STi

Believe - WRX 2.5l

This particular salesman (possibly sales manager?) had apparently just been to a presentation, I think at Subaru of America HQ, so he had the info right from Subaru staff.

That's what he said, anyway.

there's something funny , me and ricardo work in a subaru dealer ship and they send us a cd with all those info , so why do you guys keep guessing what will have and won't it's an official subaru cd so what he sait about the legacy is all real shit no damn bull shit.

nice...one big ole long sentence...you work in the finance department there? lol

I'm new to this site. Yesterday I test drove a GT Ltd 5 spd (Freaking LOVED it :lol: ). The dealer quoted me what I think is a very reasonable price (it includes short shift and armrest): $25K +ttl, which equals $27,400 out the door (I live in Chicago). I still have not negotiated this down, this was their first quote. I will ask this question in another thread, but is this a good deal? How much lower can I negotiate it to? I am considering the GT, an '05 new Acura TSX (~$28K quoted), and a '04 used G35 (~$25.5K).

Relevant to this thread, two (2) separate salesmen from two dealers confirmed that the '06 will come out in September/October and WILL have a Navi option. I asked whether it could be retrofitted to the '05 model, and both said it would be "pretty expensive to install, even if it is possible." Both reps were not sure about the 6spd.

nice...one big ole long sentence...you work in the finance department there? lol

english is our second language.... we are in montreal... quebec for those that don't know where it is...

@lawgt : we will be getting our new leg/out for july

and stop whining at the prices... in canada a leg-gt 5speed is 39,815 $ USD all taxes included at msrp.... we get a 15.025 % tax rate up here.... it really sucks...

I heard rumors, then had it verified by a Subaru salesperson (who was astounded that I knew - he couldn't figure out how the info got out), that the US is indeed getting a Subaru Legacy STi. It will most likely be a 2007 model. I believe it is set to be announced sometime between April and June/July of this year, to be released mid-2006 as a 2007 model.

The important parts: Beefed-up STi 6-spd tranny, twin-turbo H6 (not sequential turbos, but each turbo feeding a bank of 3 cylinders), 350-400 hp.

Cost? $35-40,000.

The twin-turbo engine for the Legacy will also be an option on the Tribeca (confirmed by said salesperson) to compete with Porsche's Cayenne, with the standard motor being the normally-aspirated H6.

The WRX is indeed getting a boost from 2.0 to 2.5 liters for the American market, but I don't recall if that was for 2006 or 2007.

I have not heard anything about a boost to the 2.5i motor, but it would be a welcome change. My '98 Legacy has basically the same motor, at the same horsepower rating (165) (or are the newer ones 168?) so it's been long overdue for some massaging. 200 hp sounds about right.

Almost forgot: The Legacy STi will have 18" wheels, and slightly flared fenders to cover wider wheels.

A salesman is the source? Yeah okkkkkk :p I will NEVER believe anything that cames from a salesmen's mouth. It is probably the same guy who told me that a 2004 STI was cheap at 37k and it was really worth 60k. Second I would highly doubt they send JUST salesmen to this SoA meeting. Maybe a dealership manager or someone higher up, not some salesmen smuck. I would love for it to be true, but I think that is overkill

I THINK most people would be happy with just a 6 speed, HIDs, NAV, and the JDM bumpers. I don't need all that power (H6 twin turbos) and I doubt many other people would also. I just want a sporty luxury sedan and with those options forementioned would put it right there.

35-40k? I highly doubt that especially with a H6 twin turbo engine and STI bits, I'm thinking more 40-50k. With Subaru's push to premium it could be true, but it will be a premium price meaning 35k is too cheap for what you would be getting plus the obivous. The obivous being a special leather package, H6 with twin turbos, the full STI drivetrain bits, NAV, limited wheels, HIDs, and whatever the hell else they think of throwing on there. I guess we will just have to wait and see...

benjaminetanyahoo, wake up dammit. Why the hell are you buying ANYTHING from a a guy you don't even trust. Even worst, a guy you think is a smuck, a guy whom his words mean nothing but bullshit to your ears.

I work for a company who beleives that training their personnel is a critical part of their success. And they succeeded in fact, because you bought an impreza from an *assh*le* who was well trained and informed.

And besides, who the hell told you I was a salesman ? Keep that imagination going boy....why would I be wasting time posting stuff or just speculating, wasting not only my time, but the time of all the others here... yeah that would be wise of me. I don't post often, but when I do, it's relevant and exact. What was said before is true, it will happen ( i'm not talking about the legacy sti here, but of things on my first post ) and yes, the only thing we can do is wait to see who is the "smuck".

benjaminetanyahoo, wake up dammit. Why the hell are you buying ANYTHING from a a guy you don't even trust. Even worst, a guy you think is a smuck, a guy whom his words mean nothing but bullshit to your ears.

I work for a company who beleives that training their personnel is a critical part of their success. And they succeeded in fact, because you bought an impreza from an *assh*le* who was well trained and informed.

And besides, who the hell told you I was a salesman ? Keep that imagination going boy....why would I be wasting time posting stuff or just speculating, wasting not only my time, but the time of all the others here... yeah that would be wise of me. I don't post often, but when I do, it's relevant and exact. What was said before is true, it will happen ( i'm not talking about the legacy sti here, but of things on my first post ) and yes, the only thing we can do is wait to see who is the "smuck".

hey ricky ricardo you big tough guy, did I post about you at all? Read my post again. You know that box part of the post is who I'm quoting. Subaru needs to hire some better people. First thing they need to ask in an interview is if you can comprehend reading. I hope this was TOLD to you and you didn't read it because if you read it, it definately ain't true. I didn't mention one thing about your previous post. Kisses big boy :p

Let's give this 2006 LGT speculation thing a rest.

Other than the Pontiac GTO, which car in the last 20 years has had

drastic changes in it's 2nd model year after a complete and full redesign?

And the only reason the GTO did it was to increase it's sales, and because

the 5.7 liter was no longer going to be made!!

to the next!

02-03 Tbird: 260-280HP and a 5sp autostick.

I almost hope it doesn't come with a power upgrade. That would mean instant depreciation for the 05 owners.

That would be great for me. I would love to pick up a 1 year old Legacy for a good price.

I figure it this way. The GT is already pleanty fast. And cars are not investments (atleast not the cast majority of them). Its going to depreciate either way.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

This thread is some of the best reading I've done in a while. Entertaining, i.e. funny, full of drama (Ricardo: Calme toi!!) and suspense. Keep up the good work guys. But like I've said before "Patience dear bretheren. Patience"

Mack

Archived