LegacyGT.com

Why I still hate Honda Civic Punks!

I was leaving Yorktown the other day to pick up my exhaust from reflexion. At the light before the exit, a bunch of civics & a couple of GTIs/Preludes) pulled out in front of me. I thought the trip would go fast & furious, and I was looking forward to tailing them for the trip:D. I was totally wrong! They took up both lanes of I-64 and were going anywhere from 40-60mph (speed limit 60mph). There was a couple of people standing out their sunroofs with cameras, that was totally nuts:eek:. I was boxed in this stupidity for about 20-25 minutes:soap_box:. I finally got passed them when I saw some open spots:jedi:. The other innocent bystanders were still behind this crowd, but I got to the open road and left those yahoos behind:dm:. Even thought it sounds strange, I hope those guys made it safe (especially for the other people on the road).

ricer rolling shot photo shoot!

There are sooo many ricers around here its ridiculous. Its funny to have a redneck in a beat up 89' hatchback gritting on me and revving his tin can at me as if I should be intimidated.

Most honda vehicles around here that are modded make about as much torque as my lug nuts need anyhow.

I got stuck behind the same thing..cept it was a bunch of gangstas on crotch rockets.All the way from Portsmouth blvd on 664,across the bridge and tunnel ...all the way to the Coliseum.

Comptemplated ramming them at one time.Even called the police.Nothing happened.

Cept when I did get in front of them..I emptied the washer reservoir.

Most of the Honda crowd I come across aren't that bad, I don't get any disrespect and normally don't seen any stupidity on the roads. Its the bikers that piss me off.

Sooo many ricers where i live. I live about 4min away from there main street racing spot so all i hear is old tired engines with fart cans.

Most of the Honda crowd I come across aren't that bad, I don't get any disrespect and normally don't seen any stupidity on the roads. Its the bikers that piss me off.

You are lucky then.:lol:

The guys in older civics around here are generally good, because they understand, after 20 years, that 130hp and 1.8 litres isn't going to beat anything except cars with lower displacement.

But it seems that any newer Honda that comes with nearly 200hp (new Civic Si, TSX are the main culprits) are usually driven by guys who think they're in fighter jets.

I guess VTEC is so intoxicating on the K-Series that it demands to be driven in a douchey way.

It must be written in the owner's manual.

Mount some red/blue lights inside the windshield to flash with at occasions like that and then just pass and leave.

Maybe not legal, but there are so many things that aren't.

Definitely not legal, and if caught with those, you're in big trouble (impersonating an officer).

i had a comical run in the other day. just got done installing my invida dp and perrin mid & y and took it out for a little heat cycle and who pull next to me at a light....a riced out civic. proceeds to make lots of noise and not go anywhere so i guess he was alittle upset when the camry...i mean leggy passed him.

he proceeds to pull up to the next light and 1) wants to run for money (flashed his $200 "knot" consisting of mostly fives and singles) and then 2) wants to "go home to get his other car" apparently he was driving his "girls car" :rolleyes::lol: not sure why you would want to run for money but then want to switch cars? perhaps its a honda thing :p

my buddy and i just proceed to chuckle and go on about our business. good times!

Nearly every day some ricer will pull up next to me revving and poking forward... I'll toy with them slightly but I don't "race" them for many reasons. Main reason being that they'll race and race and race until they manage to get ahead of you and are able to finally put on their hazards to let you know they've won... What makes them think that is even reasonably safe to do in town, over hills, and around corners in a neighborhood with pedestrians, children, etc... around is beyond me.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I have a siren that would go great with that setup. I used to have it hooked up to the horn switch in an old vehicle, but if you ever took it to get inspected and they tested the horn, chances are you wouldn't be getting a sticker that day... :lol:

Its times like this that call for a train horn.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/categorytypes.php?c=train-horn-kits-and-air-horn-kits

;)

Nearly every day some ricer will pull up next to me revving and poking forward... I'll toy with them slightly but I don't "race" them for many reasons. Main reason being that they'll race and race and race until they manage to get ahead of you and are able to finally put on their hazards to let you know they've won... What makes them think that is even reasonably safe to do in town, over hills, and around corners in a neighborhood with pedestrians, children, etc... around is beyond me.

Agreed. Not even worth your gas. Keep it on a closed track.

I agree

On that note though I've watched Pinks All out a few times and I think about 3 times every episode there's always someone in some (hickish) accent saying that it's a good thing we're here to keep kids from racing on the street.

Agreed. Not even worth your gas. Keep it on a closed track.

Precisely... I've had some pretty close calls when not driving quick at all. I can't imagine what it would be like to mow someone down and injure/kill them due to something as brainless as street racing.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

^^^

This actually happens in real life?

That's hilarious! Right out of a bad Youtube parody!:lol::lol::lol:

unfortunately it did.

yeah NJ is full of youtube parodies :lol:

BTW, just to be clear, This by no means was a street race, at least not on my part, i dont think i went over 4k rpms! :lol:

Archived