LegacyGT.com

Review: Bilstein HD's/Pinks and JDM 20mm Rear Sway

snow05gtRI

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's the going price for the SHOcks?? don't see it on FB any more... any vendor got deals??

Shox.com is the cheapest at $555/set of 4, FB is $622 (and from my experience won't price match with Shox.com)

Top hats, if needed, are $55 per side @ FB

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

that $555 is a good deal. I think I paid around $1000 over a year ago, but that was including all the parts to swap them directly into my car. I didn't have to take apart my stock setup at all.

I installed the pinks on my stock struts... the front lowered a little (inch to 1.5in), the rear was a huge!!! drop... round 2-2.5 inch drop. so it was sitting lower in the rear... didnt like the ride, so i put the rear stock springs back on and its level now. Ive had them on for 2-3 months and my front struts are going (which is obvious). Im purchasing koni struts/shocks. Is there going to be a difference in the rear if i install the pinks on the konis?? i do not want it to set ass heavy, nor do i want to waste time playing round with springs and shocks... any info????

I did, a 1/4" one. On occasion when the car is really loaded there is a slight sag in the rear, I hear the 1/2" spacer is perfect. I also bought the longer studs from the same website that sells the spacer. YOU WILL NEED LONGER STUDS IF YOU GET THE SPACER (definitely for the 1/2" one, and it's nice to have the little extra room on the 1/4" one; we didnt try with stock studs so i dont know if it fit). if you look at the fourth and eighth pictures on the first post the white things on the top of the struts are the spacers.

i dont notice any noise from it. might have increased NVH a little but none that i can tell. i just figure it being a little louder over the bumps is from the stiffer springs.

Archived