LegacyGT.com

Brownie and Black Bean recipe

c-lo

Wanna try a healthier twist to making brownies?

You'll need:

1 box fudge brownie mix. (regular mix comes out too dry)

1 can black beans

puree black beans to a liquid

pour brownie mix into mixing bowl

pour pureed beans in mix

mix it up

bake in oven per box instructions

YUM! can't even tell you've put black beans in.

No, oil, eggs or water needed!!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

looks weird when you pour the black beans into the brownie mix, but as soon as you mix it up you can't taste the black beans at all.

my kids just had some. they've got no idea they just ate black beans:lol:.

they wouldn't eat them if I put some in front of them.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

oh it's good, yes it's very good!

chicken......

I triple dog dare you!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XlPwsmkPHI]YouTube - A Christmas Story: Tounge Stuck to a Flag Pole[/ame]

black beans substitute = oil and eggs.

so yes.:rolleyes:

Guest heightsgtltd

ok rolleyes, you said added to a mix which I assumed had everything else in it.

Not sure why oil and eggs are bad, but the artificial ingredients, tons of sugar and other stuff in a brownie mix aren't?

I have a very picky 2 year old who doesn't like to eat anything really... but will of course eat sweets all day long if we let her (which we don't).

But my wife recently has been sneaking in a ton of pureed veggies and fruit into muffin mix, just to ensure she's getting fiber, vitamins, and calories into something she likes.

I'll talk to Mrs Gire about this intertesting dessert idea.

this is a "healthier" version. didn't say it was all healthy!

no fat more protein and adding more fiber. (especially for you old guys:p)

ok rolleyes, you said added to a mix which I assumed had everything else in it.

Not sure why oil and eggs are bad, but the artificial ingredients, tons of sugar and other stuff in a brownie mix aren't?

FYI Gire, if your wife searches for the recipe there are other versions out there that add butter, etc..... this one has only two ingredients the brownie mix (you pick your mix, go low fat if you want) and black beans. undrained.

we just told our kids it had black beans in it. they are 6 and 8. they surprisingly didn't care.

I have a very picky 2 year old who doesn't like to eat anything really... but will of course eat sweets all day long if we let her (which we don't).

But my wife recently has been sneaking in a ton of pureed veggies and fruit into muffin mix, just to ensure she's getting fiber, vitamins, and calories into something she likes.

I'll talk to Mrs Gire about this intertesting dessert idea.

:)

Canned black beans have an ass-load of sodium, so old farts like me that have good cholesterol but high B.P. should stick to the recipe on the box. I guess you could look for the low sodium variety of black beans though.

If the recipe doesn't use butter, how do you put the herb in?:hide:

-- Steve

Archived