LegacyGT.com

Holy Fast Batman.....

bskey

12s aren't even fast anymore either. There are factory stock down to the air filter cars running mid to low 11s.

Really? Which cars are you talking about GT-R's, Z06 levels I can see hitting low 11's but for a 4 banger with mods? I think a 12 second car is still fast especially one for under $50k

^^^^

Which factory 11 second cars are you referring to? Italian Supercars? Corvette Z06 and Vipers?

Those cars are out of reach for most mortals.

Edit- Grocery Getter beat me to it.;)

Really? Which cars are you talking about GT-R's, Z06 levels I can see hitting low 11's but for a 4 banger with mods? I think a 12 second car is still fast especially one for under $50k

There are STi's running 12s on the stock turbo/stock internals/stock heads, Evo's down into the 11s on stock turbo. Hell your Jeep is capable of 12s. Hitting 12's isn't like it used to be 20 years ago, plenty of cars in the 20-30k range that are for enthusiats that can hit 12's stock or mildly modded.

^^^^

Which factory 11 second cars are you referring to? Italian Supercars? Corvette Z06 and Vipers?

Those cars are out of reach for most mortals.

Edit- Grocery Getter beat me to it.;)

haha!! Don't forget the used market...2 more years and I'm getting myself a nice used 07 Z06....or maybe a minivan (if I have kids) :confused:

There are STi's running 12s on the stock turbo/stock internals/stock heads, Evo's down into the 11s on stock turbo. Hell your Jeep is capable of 12s. Hitting 12's isn't like it used to be 20 years ago, plenty of cars in the 20-30k range that are for enthusiats that can hit 12's stock or mildly modded.

Your right on the Jeep running in the high 12's at sea level with intake, tune (at atlitude the same Jeep is hitting high 13's) - IMO I think that's fast

Never heard of a stock Evo hitting the 11's with just a intake or a stock STI with just a intake hitting the 12's (stage 2 on a STI yes)

Maybe I should have gotten a EVO :spin:

Your right on the Jeep running in the high 12's at sea level with intake, tune - IMO I think that's fast

Never heard of a stock Evo hitting the 11's with just a intake or a stock STI with just a intake hitting the 12's (stage 2 on a STI yes)

Maybe I should have gotten a EVO :spin:

I never said the STi and Evo were bone stock. You said:

I can see hitting low 11's but for a 4 banger with mods?

The stock Evo turbo is lightyears better than any Subaru stock turbo, not to mention they have better flowing heads stock, better turbo setup and a more efficient motor.

Hell, here is a list of the top 20 stock turbo Evos, a lot of them without any internal work.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-racing/390710-top-20-quickest-fastest-stock-turbo-evos-2009-a.html

Ahhh, but you contradict your post above. You mention stock cars hitting 11s. Show me which stock cars hit 11s, and I'll show you a list of super cars.

But then you switch gears by talking about 'modded' turbo imports. Those aren't stock cars. and getting in to 12's is a lot different than low 11's as you mentioned above.

I could modify a 20 year old Civic to run 11's all day long. BUt it's not stock.

Heck, I could get a shopping cart to run 11's if I put enough money into the project.:lol:

Ahhh, but you contradict your post above. You mention stock cars hitting 11s. Show me which stock cars hit 11s, and I'll show you a list of super cars.

But then you switch gears by talking about 'modded' turbo imports. Those aren't stock cars. and getting in to 12's is a lot different than low 11's as you mentioned above.

I could modify a 20 year old Civic to run 11's all day long. BUt it's not stock.

Heck, I could get a shopping cart to run 11's if I put enough money into the project.:lol:

I was replying grocery's claim about a 4 banger with mods hitting 11s or 12s since I wasn't sure as to which time he was referring to.

I never said the STi and Evo were bone stock. You said:

The stock Evo turbo is lightyears better than any Subaru stock turbo, not to mention they have better flowing heads stock, better turbo setup and a more efficient motor.

Hell, here is a list of the top 20 stock turbo Evos, a lot of them without any internal work.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-racing/390710-top-20-quickest-fastest-stock-turbo-evos-2009-a.html

My bad - I think the air filter comment threw me off.

Those are some bad evo's for sure!

Haha. Just reading through this was funny. And yes, there are plenty of modded 4 bangers hitting 11's all day long even in CO. Just go to Bandimere on any test and tune day and you'll see more than you'd expect. There is one older (mid-90's) Eclipse that looks completely stock running 9's up there right now... Stock white paint, ride height, wheels, etc... Anyone know who that is?
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

If it is the one I am thinking of I thought it was a mirage.

Nope. This is most certainly an Eclipse. Although, I have seen some quick Mirages. There's also a really quick VR4 Galant that is either dark green or black IIRC. Always wanted one of those VR4 Galants to play with. Seems like there are quite a few possibilities with those...

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

12s aren't even fast anymore either. There are factory stock down to the air filter cars running mid to low 11s.

Not up here in the Mountain West where you posted. Even skylines which I know of 3 bone stock ones that ran at bandimere could not break 11's. They hit 12.1-12.3 IIRC. There are no 20-30k cars stock that is going to be running 11's a mile here or even 12's except the truly elite cars, most cars in the 20-30k price range are running 14's up here.....

There are no 20-30k cars stock that is going to be running 11's a mile here or even 12's except the truly elite cars, most cars in the 20-30k price range are running 14's up here.....

And to even further qualify this statement, getting into the 14's at this altitude is a real achievement. Bandimere is a humbling experience particularly if you are NA. On the other hand, it is an ego boost for the FI guys. ;)

Did anyone else notice that they didn't even mention the bracket in Pinks All Out Bandimere?

At altitude 5280 ft (Denver) it is. Trust me going over a mile UP from sea level causes you to add over a 1.5 seconds on a N/A car and 1.2 on a F/I car.

So those 11.20s in the supra were really 10.00s?

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha this is a great thread, I love all the kids with stg 2 sti's that think they can run low 12's and get mid 14's. I've seen 07 zo6's run high 13's here in Utah. Elevation and driving skills are killer. Sorry, but you can not match a pro driver at sea level.

and you don't lose that much on a 10/11 sec car that is tuned for the elevation.

Archived