LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Not Peppy anymore ....

I've noticed that my car seems to have lost its 'get up and go' ..... not as responsive as it once was :icon_sad:. Just turning 47,000 miles, Cobb Stage 1 ...... have tried resetting ecu with no luck ..... ideas ????

My first place to check would be the vacuum lines... Check the T under the intercooler, make sure the lines from the T are still hooked to their proper locations, and while your there, may as well ziptie them as well.

I was lacking a LOT of get up and go when my hose popped, put it back on and the car was happy again :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Use your Cobb AP to see what boost you are making. Mine could hit 15.4 at stage 1. That will let you know if you have leaks.

I've noticed the car computer learns to accelerate slower over time. Normally I don't push the car hard unless I am at a track. I have to punch it and take it to 6500-7000 rpm. Then it is incredibly fast again.

Use your Cobb AP to see what boost you are making. Mine could hit 15.4 at stage 1. That will let you know if you have leaks.

I've noticed the car computer learns to accelerate slower over time. Normally I don't push the car hard unless I am at a track. I have to punch it and take it to 6500-7000 rpm. Then it is incredibly fast again.

yeah, i've actually felt that my car is more peppy after resetting the ECU....but then again it could be because it hasn't learned to pull timing in certain spots yet to slow it down...if that even happens.

Temps rising and you're used to it. I think my car feels slow now, its not cool. Only thing that reminds me is how my brakes are completely inadequate at speeds.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Yup, I forgot about it. Once I push my car around one day it will feel much sportier the next day or 2. I guess newer models have a sort of manual ECU overdrive in the form of SI-drive.

I had an outback 2.5i for 2 days.

When I got back in my car I found it was like going from sittingin a beanbag chair.. to sitting in a chair made of rock. Everything was more solid.. handling, stopping steering, suspension stifness.. about the only thing that was the same was the dash between the 2.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived