LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

That's what I said but have been assured by 2 people that it won't be an issue. I think I'll still lower the aim just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry, other people will provide "feedback" on the road about whether or not they are low enough.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea why the 15A "tail clearance" fuse would constantly blow after installing JDM headlights?

I disconnected my turn signals and parking lights on my JDM headlights and everything is back to normal with my "tail clearance" circuit. Now I need to find out why so I can get my front turn signals back.

I disconnected my turn signals and parking lights on my JDM headlights and everything is back to normal with my "tail clearance" circuit. Now I need to find out why so I can get my front turn signals back.

You have the LED relay right?

I made the hole a tad wider. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Patiently waiting. I plan on knocking this out and installing Hella horns today. I plan on using the horn harness to get power for the HID leveling so I only need 1 wire/side to go through the firewall.

Do you need any other parts for the swap? Are you going to make it to BAM?

I should have everything. I've got the crash bar, fender liners, foglights, and grille. Only thing I need to figure out is what needs to be done to the grille to make it fit properly. But I haven't really attacked it yet. Just took it out of the box and got excited. And I've paid for a show spot for BAM so I'm hoping to be there.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I should have everything. I've got the crash bar, fender liners, foglights, and grille. Only thing I need to figure out is what needs to be done to the grille to make it fit properly. But I haven't really attacked it yet. Just took it out of the box and got excited. And I've paid for a show spot for BAM so I'm hoping to be there.

Dude Mag. CANNOT wait! She gonna be FRESH bro! Which jdm front end you go with?

I have a spare complete A-C beam and new A-C headlight mounting brackets if you need them.

I have a spare complete A-C beam and new A-C headlight mounting brackets if you need them.

I haven't opened every box that was inside the biggest box but I should be able to use my USDM headlight brackets even if I don't have the JDM ones? I didn't think that the brackets were super necessary. Time to do more searching.

2005 Vader Wagon

I haven't opened every box that was inside the biggest box but I should be able to use my USDM headlight brackets even if I don't have the JDM ones? I didn't think that the brackets were super necessary. Time to do more searching.

I have always been told you don't need them. I never got them for the old bumper.

Only Rev D-F needs them.

Well I just sort of finished my conversion and it already looks great. I can't stop staring at this car. I still need to attach my STI lip and I did a TRS retrofit + light bars which I need to wire up as DRLs then it will be done. Even without the lip the car is already lower and almost touched my ramps when I backed off of them. The weather has been terrible here the last few days but it was worth the work. Can't wait to get some better weather so I can install the lip, wash the car and take some better pictures with my DSLR.

Things I noted:

-JDM headlight brackets were not required at all and the USDM ones are on there with no modification

-The JDM bumper foam didn't seem to fit under the bumper even with a JDM bumper beam (or maybe I just positioned it wrong) but I just left it out

-If you have front spats you might need to remove and reinstall them when installing the JDM fender liners

-My bumper was held on at the corners by these 10mm bolts not pushpins like I read there would be. I wasn't able to fit push pins in when reinstalling

-Holes on the undertray don't seem to match up but also don't seem to affect anything

-The JDM white and USDM white are REALLY close, so much so that you can't really tell the difference between JDM and USDM white in those pictures.

And now the biggest thing I learned - JDM license plates are smaller than North American! I have no front license plate right now until I can find an adapter or drill some new holes in my plate.

Thank you Ryan for this excellent set of notes! Looks like I'm set with just my USDM headlight brackets.

2005 Vader Wagon