LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Yeah bumper skins are a bitch because of the size. I've shipped a lot of stuff from Japan including my fender liners and thought about buying my own bumper from there but decided not to for size concerns. Fender liners were about $100 for shipping alone and they weren't even very big. I didn't go through Buyee though so maybe they have their own method that will work for you. Interested in your final cost when you know it though.

I think mine came in a 4'x3'x2' box from Australia shipped from MRT and it was about $350 in shipping. I'm guessing $400+ because in my experience Buyee is not very smart when it comes to packing larger items. One set of my V7 STi wheel's was super cheap until Buyee shipping got me. After I think paid about $625 for the set which is still a good price, but $500 of that was shipping.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that when I graduate next spring I can get on a ship going to Japan and pick up a bumper cover to bring back and then just have to deal with domestic shipping from wherever I get off my ship. Maybe even bring back a full revD facelift front end.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Honestly , I was ready to pay for high shipping. I kinda got used to the prices because of browsing thru japanparts which i have to say have the highest shipping costs of anyone. Yea buyee deals with two companies now for shipping , one being EMS and the other SAL. SAL is cheaper but takes longer to arrive. Famaya , i really wanted to do the rev d-f 3.0r spec b conversion but soooo much money man.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Honestly , I was ready to pay for high shipping. I kinda got used to the prices because of browsing thru japanparts which i have to say have the highest shipping costs of anyone. Yea buyee deals with two companies now for shipping , one being EMS and the other SAL. SAL is cheaper but takes longer to arrive. Famaya , i really wanted to do the rev d-f 3.0r spec b conversion but soooo much money man.

I need fenders and headlights.

Expensive for Rev D-F -.-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it is way cheaper now! I'd love to get a JDM Outback rear bumper skin (and STi quad tip exhaust).

I need fenders and headlights.

Expensive for Rev D-F -.-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a better deal than I got on the headlights.

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f180146369

I want to hold on to my sets until I get everything installed (and even after I might keep them as spares).

This is why i would want a fifth gen http://i.imgur.com/etiXaoi.jpg

In other news , buyee has shipped out my bumper. Was not exactly cheap.What killed me was the shipping within the country itself.

My high mileage turd.

This is why i would want a fifth gen http://i.imgur.com/etiXaoi.jpg

In other news , buyee has shipped out my bumper. Was not exactly cheap.What killed me was the shipping within the country itself.

So what did the international shipping end up being?

So what did the international shipping end up being?

Like 650. But then i had to pay like 100 for shipping within the country to the warehouse. If i hadnt gotten the bumper for like 20 bucks, I wouldnt have been willing to dish out that kind of money.

My high mileage turd.

^ Wow $650 is a lot. I had found one for $20 as well before I bought my front end but it looked like it was going to be a major hassle to get it over here so I said screw it.

Anyone have any experience shipping coilovers from Japan? The person I usually use says they're restricted and I've also found a lot of info saying they can't be shipped because of the compressed oil/gases unless it's in a shipping container. Has anyone been able to actually do it?

Was to be expected. They had me ship it through Fedex, i believe ems or sea mail would have been cheaper .Still cheaper then what you can get them over here for. I believe coilovers and suspensions are restricted through air mail. Theres a couple jdm coilovers on sale on ebay atm though. Good one I saw was a greddy set and a cusco one.

My high mileage turd.

Was to be expected. They had me ship it through Fedex, i believe ems or sea mail would have been cheaper .Still cheaper then what you can get them over here for. I believe coilovers and suspensions are restricted through air mail. Theres a couple jdm coilovers on sale on ebay atm though. Good one I saw was a greddy set and a cusco one.

I need to find a box big enough for mine. I wanted to stay local but everyone that wants it would require shipping

^ Wow $650 is a lot. I had found one for $20 as well before I bought my front end but it looked like it was going to be a major hassle to get it over here so I said screw it.

Anyone have any experience shipping coilovers from Japan? The person I usually use says they're restricted and I've also found a lot of info saying they can't be shipped because of the compressed oil/gases unless it's in a shipping container. Has anyone been able to actually do it?

When I purchased my Bilstein BTS Kit on Yahoo Japan Auctions, Buyee had me ship it by UPS. It was around $325 for shipping but ever since then they won't ship coilovers or other suspension pieces. I would try JapanParts.com's buying service since they are familiar with car parts and suspension.

When I purchased my Bilstein BTS Kit on Yahoo Japan Auctions, Buyee had me ship it by UPS. It was around $325 for shipping but ever since then they won't ship coilovers or other suspension pieces. I would try JapanParts.com's buying service since they are familiar with car parts and suspension.

Yeah I've been seriously eyeing a set of Bilstein BSS or Bilstein STIs and I'm just about ready to buy them but don't want to end up with shipping problems. I didn't know JP had a buying service I'll check that out.

Yeah I've been seriously eyeing a set of Bilstein BSS or Bilstein STIs and I'm just about ready to buy them but don't want to end up with shipping problems. I didn't know JP had a buying service I'll check that out.

It used to be on their home page, but I can never find the link on their mobile site.

http://www.myjapanbrand.com/

Edit: found it, https://www.japanparts.com/sp/forwardingsummary/purchase_service

MyJapanBrand is owned by the same parent company as JapanParts and JapanParts does still have their own buying service as well. I have used both and they were both better than Buyee when it comes to shipping prices. The fact that Buyee is so conventiently linked right on the YJA listing is why I usually use them (or at least their service to watch items).

https://www.japanparts.com/packageforwarding/

Edited by WRX USA

I need to find a box big enough for mine. I wanted to stay local but everyone that wants it would require shipping

Good luck finding a box. You might be ablle to wrap it in bubble wrap and send it that way.

Yea, Ive used japan parts to ship car parts before. Usually they can get you better deals. I think only UPS and Fedex can ship suspention because they have hazard shipping while EMS dosnt.

Edited by battelready

My high mileage turd.

Good luck finding a box. You might be ablle to wrap it in bubble wrap and send it that way.

That's how my Prodrive bumper for my bugeye was shipped to me from Colorado. With a polyurethane bumper this would work but with fiberglass you'd need a box.

That's how my Prodrive bumper for my bugeye was shipped to me from Colorado. With a polyurethane bumper this would work but with fiberglass you'd need a box.

Is the JDM spec b poly or no?

My high mileage turd.