LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Just want to update you folks for anyone considering using myjapanbrand.com (the japanparts ordering service). I ordered a set of bilstein struts and springs using them and I expected it to take a few weeks because I figured they'd have to ship it by sea due to compressed gas etc. The time between the item arriving at their warehouse to the item showing up at my doorstep was lightning fast at about 3 days via FedEx. It was so fast I actually haven't even been able to see the package myself yet because I'm away from home for work for another couple of weeks but I was told by a family member it arrived.

With regards to MJB's service, I would say it's very good and very quick. With regards to their fees I would say they are very high compared to other services but for certain car specific parts like struts you want to use a service that has experience dealing with these items. In total, shipping for my 4 struts with 4 springs already on them, shipping weight was about 67lbs and cost was $185USD via FedEx + $70USD in MJB fees + another $40 import fees when it arrived in Canada.

In sum I would use them again for parts other places won't ship but their fees would preclude me from using them on a regular basis for smaller parts. If anyone finds coilovers or struts they want but can't get shipped to North America, MJB is a good option if it's still a good deal after you've factored in the shipping prices.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Why not take it all to the paint shop and get it painted white so you're ready to put it all together when the headlights get here? :iam:

It also allows the paint shop to paint and clear around the edges without having to do any masking.

Thats a good point. Going to get a few quotes. Need to get my:

Trunk, Lip Spoiler, Side Skirts, Bumper, Fenders done.

You'll also want to do blending on the doors (and A pillars, if you're OCD) and rear quarter panels, in addition to paint matching.

I found out that my JDM Outback D-F fender has some damage that I'll need to install it first so they can make sure it's perfect, before I uninstall everything so they can paint it.

Edited by WRX USA

Dropped my car off at the body shop. I could have it back as early as Monday but I told them to take their time, if they need it.

I'm doing the JDM D-F Outback front end with washer headlights, a legit S402 grille (from #241), and OEM bumper skirts.

Dropped my car off at the body shop. I could have it back as early as Monday but I told them to take their time, if they need it.

I'm doing the JDM D-F Outback front end with washer headlights, a legit S402 grille (from #241), and OEM bumper skirts.

Cant wait to see the end result

Going to have it at BAM?

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B