LegacyGT.com

Future project hta fp green

107??? that's all? My stage 2 setup with the 5eat was trapping 103.5 and all i have is:

FMIC

Downpipe

Intake

APv2 with TA etune

Mid+Y-pipes with stock cans

-Pierce

Lol, I didn't tune it and we didn't log it as well. It was an easy 100 degrees that day but he was on race gas and meth.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I would too, that is why I am mentioning my experience. ;)

He had a horrible launch but I had a bad reaction time. We were side by side the majority of the way by the end he pulled me by 1 car, maybe. But I still ran a faster time. Not to mention his 107mph trap vs my 103mph, 107mph isn't no where near 400whp.

first time out i had no idea what i was doing.

i was "launching" at 2500rpm on a green :lol:.

how many passes have you been through and how many has he? there is a lot of driver variability here.

car for sale. PM me!

Ok now thanks to you guys I have been looking into blouch turbos and have decided that the dom 3 maybe be my answer. I know mikeyan is running this w/ meth on his 5eat like you kind soles have mentioned. I like blouches 2.5 but it seems with the 5eat I wouldnt be making over 320 whp w/o meth. I was thinking the dom 3 would get me around 350-370whp and this is what I was shooting for on pump. Also if/when I build my motor/tranny in the future I could get more out of this turbo w/ meth as with the 2.5 I would be under 350whp on meth. I feel that the goals I have set now are more realiable(in my eyes) until I have enough $ to upgrade both the motor and trans! What do you guys think?

Trap speed is trap speed.

^But if he was tuned correctly and everything else checked out mechanically shouldn't he have trapped higher. So the comparison may be a little off.

I gotta say the 5eat must be a little finicky at the track but once you get the hang of it, it should be fairly consistent.

Pierce seems to have figured out how to drag it consistently. Maybe he should give Mikeyans car a work out on the track :)

Pierce seems to have figured out how to drag it consistently. Maybe he should give Mikeyans car a work out on the track :)

And the trans in the process...My point is the trans isn't putting the power to the ground IMO. ;)

Vduber is 100% correct this is my wifes DD and I wanted to keep it as quite and clean as possible also try to limit the lag of the HTA with the TMIC, I know I am leaving 50-70 hp & torque on the table. My long term plan is to go FMIC and Meth when I get the car as my DD in about 2 years (once we have kids she get s the SRT8). At Atlitude (5280+ above sea level) on 20 psi on 91 I am running 299 hp and torque on a DD dyno (Revolutions Performance) where a stage II STI is running 240 hp & torque to the wheels.

Lol, that turbo is seriously overkill for a DD running a top mount.

There is such a thing as an intermediate turbo ya know, lol.

Why pay for two turbo's when I can get the one I really want first? I did have a intermediate turbo with my 04 Forester XT (STI intercooler, VF39) and after a year I wished I went with a 20G but couldn't bring myself to spend another 1200.00 for a turbo + 700 for a bigger intercooler and then have it installed and tuned. I had a great deal with a professional shop (they completed the STI swap for FREE including, STI manifold, exhaust manifold+cross pipe, injectors, exhaust and turbo). I understand that the FP Green is limited by the TMIC but 300 to the whp at 5280 ft + atlitude is still pretty nice? As a matter of fact I just completed a track session on a 2.2 mile road course in Pueblo CO and all I can say is WOW! I was easliy chasing and passing E46 M3's, S4's and 911's on the front and back straight way with the new turbo.

One thing I learned from modding is do it right the first time and the less money you will spend in the long run - Speed is NOT cheap. Even with a TMIC this is a wicked turbo and the best part is all I have to upgrade in the future to maximize the turbo is the TMIC which is MUCH cheaper then a new turbo + bigger intercooler. Hope that makes sense.

Oh and for those that are on the fence with this turbo - BUY IT!

One thing I learned from modding is do it right the first time and the less money you will spend in the long run - Speed is NOT cheap. Even with a TMIC this is a wicked turbo and the best part is all I have to upgrade in the future to maximize the turbo is the TMIC which is MUCH cheaper then a new turbo + bigger intercooler. Hope that makes sense.

Exactly, that's why I would have just waited to do the turbo, FMIC, and tune all in one shot if mega power was the end all goal. I mean you had to buy an aftermarket TMIC to run that turbo, correct? That woulda covered a big chunk of the front mount. To each his own though, it sounds like it's running well.

Exactly, that's why I would have just waited to do the turbo, FMIC, and tune all in one shot if mega power was the end all goal. I mean you had to buy an aftermarket TMIC to run that turbo, correct? That woulda covered a big chunk of the front mount. To each his own though, it sounds like it's running well.

Free install had a time expiration. ;)

• 8 years later...

ClimberDAvid,

How does one drive to maintain the life of their tranny while still applying big power? Lift off a little before the change? I Know I'll be applying a soft rev limiter and turning down the timing in lower RPM to reduce the torque. Was just curious what else i can do

(yeah I'll be going to a 2.5L from my 2.0T JDM, and maybe a bigger turbo)

ClimberDAvid,

How does one drive to maintain the life of their tranny while still applying big power? Lift off a little before the change? I Know I'll be applying a soft rev limiter and turning down the timing in lower RPM to reduce the torque. Was just curious what else i can do

(yeah I'll be going to a 2.5L from my 2.0T JDM, and maybe a bigger turbo)

Interesting bump.

My post here explains what to do. Preparation is your best bet. You should be fine ripping through the gears if you have your tune sorted.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived