LegacyGT.com

Future project hta fp green

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how do you figure? im running 400whp on a 5EAT with ipt vb/trans cooler.. car has 96k miles and so far so good

its all in how you take car of your car and how you drive

I've been driving by the same philosophy since I first damaged my trans. Learn to drive the way the transmission requires, not the way you feel like, and it will hold up. That said you and I have very different power levels and boost thresholds, but I think it still applies to a considerable point. That said, there are a lot of broken 5eats, and who knows if they could have been prevented with a different driving style.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

anyone want to call bets on my 5EAT holding up once my twinscroll setup goes in?

I was thinking about that the other day... the biggest danger is punching it at low RPMs in the lower gears. That's how I partially messed up my clutch pack from 1st to 2nd (pre VB mod though). I'd bet you'll be fine, though I'm sure people will disagree.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

found a good example from before: mikeyan i think is still running his Blouch Dom 3 on his VB modded 5eat without any trouble. That's where I first got the idea that a (relatively) bigger turbo saves the tranny by delivering power much later. I'm no tranny engineer, but the logic makes sense. He's hitting close to 400. But it's not quite an HTA Green either.

Gotta say so far my HTA is working out quite well. Had another Leggy owner with the older FP Green ride (Tommypenguin) and log in my car and the spool was the same power hit around 3700 - 4000 rpm with a TMIC, STI swap set up. If you don't mind the later power delivery then you won't be disappointed.

Grocery getter is running a hpa green, yes this turbo is being hindered by the tmic but he has a reason for this considering its his wifes car. Only if you were able to run a fmic the car would make significantly more power but then again im sure compare to stock its still pretty awsome. I think im going to go 20g or maybe dom. 2.5 now instead of the hpa green due to some concerns and still wanting to keep reliability.

Grocery getter is running a hpa green, yes this turbo is being hindered by the tmic but he has a reason for this considering its his wifes car. Only if you were able to run a fmic the car would make significantly more power but then again im sure compare to stock its still pretty awsome. I think im going to go 20g or maybe dom. 2.5 now instead of the hpa green due to some concerns and still wanting to keep reliability.

Vduber is 100% correct this is my wifes DD and I wanted to keep it as quite and clean as possible also try to limit the lag of the HTA with the TMIC, I know I am leaving 50-70 hp & torque on the table. My long term plan is to go FMIC and Meth when I get the car as my DD in about 2 years (once we have kids she get s the SRT8). At Atlitude (5280+ above sea level) on 20 psi on 91 I am running 299 hp and torque on a DD dyno (Revolutions Performance) where a stage II STI is running 240 hp & torque to the wheels.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/JaeandNoelle/P5011766.jpg

found a good example from before: mikeyan i think is still running his Blouch Dom 3 on his VB modded 5eat without any trouble. That's where I first got the idea that a (relatively) bigger turbo saves the tranny by delivering power much later. I'm no tranny engineer, but the logic makes sense. He's hitting close to 400. But it's not quite an HTA Green either.

Just a note, Mikeyan and I were side by side at the track (1/4 mile) last year as well. At the time I running the stock vf40 on 100oct and no where near 400whp. All was not well, just something to think about....

Just a note, Mikeyan and I were side by side at the track (1/4 mile) last year as well. At the time I running the stock vf40 on 100oct and no where near 400whp. All was not well, just something to think about....

Glad to have the input from you. But I'm confused now, thought he has a bigger turbo. A VF40 going WOT from a stop is trouble, I've learned the hard way. FWIW, I got this from a PM from him before:

...I don't launch it much, and a "laggier" setup probably are helping it still stay alive. I'm pretty firm in my belief that a quick spooling turbo is more damaging to the 5eat than a bigger one is.

Mike

I'm excited to see how Kevin is getting away with the Red, as hopefully there's something to be learned from that. But again, I'm just a guy wanting to figure out how to get power without a tranny rebuild, no expert.

Glad to have the input from you. But I'm confused now, thought he has a bigger turbo.

I'll be careful :)

He does have a Dom 3 (gt3076r), but the tranny seems to have trouble putting the power to the ground. I have ridden in his car ;) But everything in his PM I agree with.

Does she drive real fast or is she breaking it in for you?

She drives fast....we usually hit 3 road course / performance schools a year with her car. Going to a 2.4 mile (I believe?) road course in Pueblo, CO this weekend to stretch her legs with the new turbo ;) Should be fun!

Ah so it's (Edit: major) slippage? Man there's just no good way out of this...

I wouldn't say major as it isn't noticable, but there is obviously some. There is no way a car (comparable weights) with more than 100whp less should be side by side.

At the drap strip I could see this happening (you could launch & he cant w/o most likely breaking something) but eventually I would expect that you would have been passed cause of the power the has over you.

At the drap strip I could see this happening (you could launch & he cant w/o most likely breaking something) but eventually I would expect that you would have been passed cause of the power the has over you.

Yeah I would too, that is why I am mentioning my experience. ;)

He had a horrible launch but I had a bad reaction time. We were side by side the majority of the way by the end he pulled me by 1 car, maybe. But I still ran a faster time. Not to mention his 107mph trap vs my 103mph, 107mph isn't no where near 400whp.

Archived