LegacyGT.com

All Legacy Meet in PA (bucks county)

captainhook

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been reading this since yesterday - and now feel like I am watching a fight between two children. Derek, you did a great job and pulled together an awesome meet - the fact that there were some other "members" of the legacy family (no matter how redheaded stepchild they may have been) seemed OK at the time. Last year's meet was a lot of fun, and a lot of people got to meet each other and have a great time.

The Subaru brand is not an elite one, and never has been. All legacy? Should we restrict it to ONLY '05-'09 legacies? Why not just say ONLY Legacy GTs can attend? I would be excluding myself here, but some could say "I don't want that NA Hood interfering with my pictures - you don't have a scoop? ewwww!" I would see if it was closed to imprezas, tribecas, and foresters, but outbacks and legacies are both one and the same.

I understand a falling out happened between you two but that should have remained between you two - this whole "internet fight" is likely to turn some folks off to the idea of the whole thing altogether. This Legacy/Baja argument is something that should have been taken offline. I think we all know the Baja is based on the Legacy chassis, but to clarify:

The Baja is based on the same platform as Subaru's Legacy/Outback -- a car platform rather than a truck chassis, rendering it as more of a sport sedan with an open pickup bed than as a traditional SUV. -PickupTruck.com August 9, 2002. http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2003/subaru/baja/first_drive/page1.html.

and

The unibody design borrowed heavily from existing mechanicals, platform and sheetmetal of the Legacy and Outback wagons.
I am not going to take a side here because I have seen what that does and I would like to see us have another meet this year but I think we can all now see there really is no an issue with the car in question, but the person who drove it.

To some an all legacy meet is boring. To others it is a unique opportunity to meet other drivers and see what they have done to their cars and how/what they used to do it. The fact is, the title of the meet should give all that info away, and if people can read, they can make their own observations as to attend or not - overall though it is a great chance to meet other users of this forum who are in the local area. Isn't that the point?

I feel like I am on a BMW thread where they want to have a BMW meet and a Neon is trying to crash it. It is just ridiculous. Last year was lots of fun, I didn't see or hear of any problems - other than the person who got me pulled over I really had a great time and have no beef with anyone (cough cough...other than that red wagon...).

Let's make it another successful meet this summer; it was cool to see such a large base of Legacy drivers show up and I would love to have another great turnout this year.

Thanks for the research you did!

DJ & I have already cleaned the thread up.

I look forward to seeing the meet again.

Please , if you or anyone else have issues with a certain odd trunked vehicle & it's status at the event .... PM Captainhook! :)

If I get a message that it's ok, I'll have the silver subie out, otherwise it'll be the blue one.

Thanks!

Refused to go through with it? Dude I was sleeping when you posted that lol every year we have the harriman state park meet and its mostly legacies but we're not gonna shun off anyone else who wishes to join. I'm only making a deal of this bc you're getting uptight about it being "legacy only"

OK throwing my 2 cents in...

Last year's meet was great. I like having a Legacy only meet b/c I think the crowd is more mature. I like talking to the Legacy owners to see things they've done and also to put some faces with the names. We had probably 50 cars last year. With 50 Legacies alone showing up, I really don't see how anywhere would really allow us to meet if we did something like the Top of the Trop meet. It becomes a liability for the property owner, which is why we had problems at the Trop. I think opening it up to all Subarus would put us way over a manageable number of cars and people.

Now, that being said, I don't mind if something other than a Legacy (or Outback) shows up, but we don't need crap like that guy in his RS doing ricer flybys while we are trying to take pictures of the line up. Conversely there was the guy in his 135i that came and stayed low key. I have no problem with that.

If I want diversity there are weekly meets that I can go to, to check out everything from STis/Evos/240s to 69 Camaros and Chevelles.

If you bring something other than a Legacy or Outback, just respect the meet and park in a different lot.

Mods, can we rename this thread "Hitler's All Legacy Meet" ?

haha...here's a thought, how about reserving 1 row for non-leggies. that way they can still show up and particpate, but won't take over the show or ruin the pics ;) we'd just have to make sure they stay to the back if we do another cruise...

Rob, gotta give you props for driving us around in the 2010 LGT.

i'm gonna vote for leggies only, but i'm not against other subies as long as they're set apart.

+1

ok throwing my 2 cents in...

Last year's meet was great. I like having a legacy only meet b/c i think the crowd is more mature. I like talking to the legacy owners to see things they've done and also to put some faces with the names ... I don't mind if something other than a legacy (or outback) shows up, but we don't need crap like that guy in his rs doing ricer flybys while we are trying to take pictures of the line up. Conversely there was the guy in his 135i that came and stayed low key. I have no problem with that.

If i want diversity there are weekly meets that i can go to, to check out everything from stis/evos/240s to 69 camaros and chevelles.

If you bring something other than a legacy or outback, just respect the meet and park in a different lot.

OK throwing my 2 cents in...

Last year's meet was great. I like having a Legacy only meet b/c I think the crowd is more mature. I like talking to the Legacy owners to see things they've done and also to put some faces with the names. We had probably 50 cars last year. With 50 Legacies alone showing up, I really don't see how anywhere would really allow us to meet if we did something like the Top of the Trop meet. It becomes a liability for the property owner, which is why we had problems at the Trop. I think opening it up to all Subarus would put us way over a manageable number of cars and people.

Now, that being said, I don't mind if something other than a Legacy (or Outback) shows up, but we don't need crap like that guy in his RS doing ricer flybys while we are trying to take pictures of the line up. Conversely there was the guy in his 135i that came and stayed low key. I have no problem with that.

If I want diversity there are weekly meets that I can go to, to check out everything from STis/Evos/240s to 69 Camaros and Chevelles.

If you bring something other than a Legacy or Outback, just respect the meet and park in a different lot.

Nice to see someone actually gets it besides myself. You noted all three of my major reasons for keeping it a Legacy only event.

I am not going to take a side here because I have seen what that does and I would like to see us have another meet this year but I think we can all now see there really is no an issue with the car in question, but the person who drove it.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion . . . I very clearly said he would be welcome assuming he brought his Legacy, and also very clearly said my problem was the attendance of a truck in a Legacy meet. I'm not sure how that could be misunderstood. And to be quite honest, at this point I'm not very inclined to waste my time putting another meet together of any kind. Last year there was absolutely nothing but support for the idea, and it was the most successful Legacy meet I had ever seen, read about, or experienced. This year interest and support seems extremely limited, so perhaps I'm wasting my time even considering it. :confused:

I'm only making a deal of this bc you're getting uptight about it being "legacy only"

It has ALWAYS been Legacy only, from the very beginning last year . . . yet last year you attended, enjoyed it, and never complained. The real underlying reason why you're causing an issue here is because I refused to combine my ultra successful Legacy meet with the meet at the Trop. It's not happening, so you can quit whining now. Complaining like a little child and trolling this thread isn't going to accomplish anything.

No my problem is that you're being stubborn and making it a point that its legacy only, I could care less if you wanted to combine your meet with mine I was inviting you to mine bc our goal was to completely fill the top deck of the trop. I'm just saying to be like LEGACY ONLY is pretty lame I'm not saying hey let's post this meet on tristate nasioc or tst just post it on here and let us invite people who we know won't cause a problem. The 2 sti guys I wanted to invite run a monthly central jersey meet which we never have problems at either, which if you search the fuddruckers meets. Copy and paste those meet rules and you won't have any issues. We've been doing that meet for 3 years now with no issues. That's my gripe with this whole thing, making it a point to say legacy only and being a douche about it,

That's my gripe with this whole thing, making it a point to say legacy only and being a douche about it,

Explain exactly how I'm being a "douche" about it . . . this outta be good. This was always a meet organized by me, the meet was ALWAYS Legacy only, and I'm not changing anything. Last year Rob was asked before the meet to park in the lot beside the meet lot and my wishes were ignored, so this year I'm simply saying the Legacy only clause will be enforced. If you have a problem with it being Legacy only, you can kiss my ass just like anyone else that doesn't like it. No one is being forced to attend this event, if just Legacy's isn't cool enough for you, then move on and focus on organizing your own meet to your own preferences. Do you see me trolling your Trop meet thread and calling you a douche for not doing something the way I would? No. You need to grow up and move on, clearly this meet isn't for you.

:rolleyes: please troll it I welcome you to when I do post up the next one, bc the last one we had was the biggest meet of the year. Just look at your previous posts about th people asking if other subies can go, those are douche responses.

:rolleyes: please troll it I welcome you to when I do post up the next one, bc the last one we had was the biggest meet of the year. Just look at your previous posts about th people asking if other subies can go, those are douche responses.

So your solution to your immaturity is for me to stoop to your level . . . . lol, you have a lot of growing up to do pal.

And what you claim to be "douche responses" are straight answers to straight questions, the correct description of a "douche response" would be the quote above. (not to mention a lie as well considering the Orange County subaru meet was significantly bigger, I wasn't at the Ocean City subaru meet last year, but I imagine that was bigger as well)

This is a legacy only meet as decided by the coordinator. I dont see why anyone would complain that it is legacy only... on a legacy forum! There are plently of other meets for other cars so I just dont get it. Wish the subject would just be dropped and people would stop bitching like little tweens.

p.s. I plan on attending.

This is a legacy only meet as decided by the coordinator. I dont see why anyone would complain that it is legacy only... on a legacy forum! There are plently of other meets for other cars so I just dont get it. Wish the subject would just be dropped and people would stop bitching like little tweens.

p.s. I plan on attending.

Thanks, good to hear.

Hey Derek, I want to let you know that I appreciate the time and effort you put into organizing this. I plan on being there with my two sons. We really enjoyed the meet last year. It was great meeting other folks with a common interest (the Legacy that is). I voted for a Legacy only meet.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion . . . I very clearly said he would be welcome assuming he brought his Legacy, and also very clearly said my problem was the attendance of a truck in a Legacy meet. I'm not sure how that could be misunderstood. And to be quite honest, at this point I'm not very inclined to waste my time putting another meet together of any kind. Last year there was absolutely nothing but support for the idea, and it was the most successful Legacy meet I had ever seen, read about, or experienced. This year interest and support seems extremely limited, so perhaps I'm wasting my time even considering it. :confused:

Nobody is arguing that the meet last year was not successful - and I would say that you would have a ton of support behind you to organize another this year given the great time we all had last year. I voted Legacy Only because this is after all a Legacy forum, and it is a Legacy Meet. Just so I am not misunderstood, I plan to come this year should there be one. If he brings the 36r then he is complying with the Legacy requirement.

Keep us updated on what you intend to do. I am sure 99% of us are open to coming!

Archived