LegacyGT.com

my answer to gt35 turbo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd do a blow-through. WRX guys do it all the time (I know, I've done it to them!). It requires a little work, but I imagine you are going to do something interesting for engine management so it shouldn't be an issue. Just tune for it. You could even convert to MAP based fueling for open loop operation (though you'd still need to have the MAF in place for other non-open-loop fueling things). That would completely eliminate the issues of maxing out the MAF voltage.

You have a snow-plow on a Cavalier? wtf?

how do i convert to to map instead of maf using ecu flash ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKSulcCunY]YouTube - mr plow z24[/ame]

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

well started fitting the intercooler and piping, looks like the fog lights gotta come out. other than that i had to move the oil filter for the auto tranny.

p_00566.thumb.jpg.7fb54067ee55271c6d7f3afe3f60c8cc.jpg

p_00567.thumb.jpg.120c984d589670a603fd2ffe4f6dc8b5.jpg

p_00568.thumb.jpg.fb104c46f3f528f539520881ac1c85ef.jpg

U R nuts! I'd love to hear that thing spool. Is that from a 12 valve motor? Some of the 12 valve turbos had no wastegate. The 24 valve turbos were considerably smaller on the exhaust side, one of those might spool qiucker.

Quick story, my buddy has an 03 2500 24valve. He bought a piggy back controller and it has nine settings. I said one day, "Lets hook my G-timer up and see what it can do!" Keep in mind he had ever put the box past setting 6. So he procedes to set it on 9:eek:. He does a quick brake rev to bring up some boost then nails it to the floor. I swear the frt end of that truck started to come off the ground then we heard a disturbing, frightening, extremely large BANG, then it was spewing smoke so bad the Naragansett Indians were thinking war had been declared on them.

When we took it apart (after a 100.00 tow to my house), the exhaust wheel was gone, just a few swiss cheese pieces of the wheel remained, the rest gone or melted and plastered inside the housing. Unbelievable catastrophic/epic failure. Luckily nothing on the intake side came apart but we took the intercooler out anyway to check for debris. That box never went above 5 after that. Lesson learned the hard way:redface:. I felt bad because it was my idea so I swapped in an aftermarket turbo he bought, a BB set up, for him labor free.

I think he was on his way to a 12 sec 1320, but ever made it past 300 feet.

well started fitting the intercooler and piping, looks like the fog lights gotta come out. other than that i had to move the oil filter for the auto tranny.

I'm a little concerned that the charge pipe on the driver's side is running through space that's going to be occupied. By the headlight, in particular. I'm not certain it's going to collide, but check into that before you commit. :)

it all fits .. i used a biger intercooler tho. i figured what the hell go big or go home!

took it for a rip . spools at 4000 so far. maybe improve with tuning.

What do you do for a living. You are great with tools aren't you?

Are you planning on heading to the drag strip once you are all tuned on that behemoth turbo?

What do you do for a living. You are great with tools aren't you?

Are you planning on heading to the drag strip once you are all tuned on that behemoth turbo?

I am jack of all trades, from computer reparation, soldering , wiring , hydraulics, industrial automation systems, cnc machining, and even good at giving massages !

My job i am head tecnician at a company that does large automation systems that make wind turbine blades. so i install 150 foot long waffel makers that pop out wind turbine blades all over the world.

and yes its going to the drags first thing !

From a fluid dynamics point of view.... your exhaust sucks

but it looks pretty

you sucks lol i got lazy at the end i wanted to hear it run.

no room in the middle .. its smashing in to the diffrential. it could of been a slightly better Y but oh well .. it needs a resonator tho .. it gets quite raspy ..

i got the data logging stuff going .. and did a few pulls with the car on jack stands. in 5th gear and got 395 kg/sec on the maf reading at 10 lbs boost at 6500 rpm with the por lil injectors at 150% duty cycle!

you're gonna go boom

you can't use 150% IDC.. where does it get the extra 50% from

haha i made a time machine silly !

no it was jsut testing .. i'm going to run lower boost the idea was to see how much faster i can run with the same injectors with the larger more efficient turbo. then i'll maybe go bigger.

i'm not sure about the duty cycle being realistic or not for right now i'm going to try and keep it under 100 or damm close to it. untill i get my wideband set up

Archived