LegacyGT.com

Good deal on Tactrix and LC-1 ?

LGTspecB1657615261

Here you can get a Tactrix 2.0 cable and LC-1 for $354

http://tunertools.com/products.asp?cat=184

Based on my research, it seems this is what I would need to tune my 08 LGT. From what I hear, the coupon code Enginuity gives you 5% off and free shipping. I have not confirmed this.

Is this the best place to get these items? Anyone ordered from these guys before? On their homepage it says the cables are back in stock (I read somewhere people were waiting a long time to get these).

Also, who are my best options for getting eTunes? I plan on logging using Romraider and the LC-1. Just a basic stage II setup. I want someone who is recommended and trusted and at a reasonable price.

Thanks for your help. Long time visitor, first time poster.

Just purchased from that website, and the coupon code worked.

--------------------------

Product ID: OpenPort2

Product Name: Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 Now Includes CAN Support!

Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $169.00

> Add PCMSCAN Software : Includes Free / Demo Software

> Add SM-AFR Module & O2 Sensor : No Thanks

> Add Innovate LC-1 AFR Kit : Yes (+$185.00)

> PLX AFR Optional Accessories : No Thanks

--------------------------

Order Total : $354.00

Shipping and Handling : $0.00

Discounts : $17.70

Grand Total : $336.30

Cheaper to buy LC1 off ebay (especially if you want a gauge package) and buy the tactrix w/ the 5% coupon code from them.

eh... not that much cheaper. A new LC-1 is $150 shipped on Ebay. The tactrix with discount is $161... so $311 total going that route.

I would rather pay extra to get both items from the same place, and from a place that has a good reputation (not to say the Ebay guys don't).

I got my old version tactrix and lc-1 from tunertools about a year ago, no problems and they shipped quick.

I'm coming to the realization that I would rather spend a little more and support our good vendors. I've bought plenty of stuff off ebay before with no problems, but lately I feel like supporting those companies that really make an effort to give us good products for our Subarus.

Just yesterday I ordered tires for my wife's car. I found the best prices at a couple online sites I had never used before, but I decided to go with Tirerack as I got a great deal on my re01rs from them, that I wouldn't have known about if they didn't advertise on nasioc and actually post about deals over there. So I decided to spend a few extra bucks and support a vendor that actually makes an effort to reach out to our enthusiast community.

Arrived Saturday.

Still breaking in the engine (at 940 miles)... but once I do an oil change I will install the DP, WB O2, AVO panel filter, and go stg 2. The stock CBE does not look that restrictive, I will keep it for the time being. Seems like a TMIC makes more sense than a CBE.

• 2 weeks later...
should I get it? AFR is air fuel ratio? noob at tuning. I want to learn though.

I would get one yes. That said, I haven't actually gotten one yet, but that is definitely my next car related purchase.

If you're getting a protune/dyno tune, they will certainly hook up their wb02 while tuning. If you're going to be tuning/logging yourself then you should definitely get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuner Tools shipped USPS Priority Mail Saturday AM (free shipping). Mailman attempted delivery today while I was at work. I will pick up from the post office tomorrow. I'm very impressed, USPS shipped from CT to Omaha in 36 hours.

Now if only TT would have shipped on Friday (ordered Thurs night), I could have had it on Saturday. Great vendor, will highly recommend.

• 3 months later...

Archived