LegacyGT.com

75w90 engine oil

NSFW

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/455091-possible-blown-engine-need-urgent-help.html

Highlights:

when I reved the engine slightly I hear a strong rattle(knocking) on the engine...my friend said that my engine is blown, that its the rods making the noise, that the same thing happened to his civic......I'm not sure if he knew what he was talking about so thats why I come to you guys to help me out

Also the Red Oil Light thingy had been turning on and off a couple of times...I've ignored since it didn't stay on like CEL's do.

..woah, I put Royal Purple 75w90 Synthetic Oil on mine...so you're saying thats a bad thing?

:eek:

Way to put heavy duty gear oil in your crank case. I think my Tundra also calls for 75W-90.....

in the rear diff, front diff, and transfer case.

I am surprised that doesn't happen more often, everybody knows that the manufacturer's recommended oil is way too thin for a high performance engine. If the guy wo ould have used the right brand of oil he would have been fine, obviously he used a cheap synthetic, not the good stuff.

Don't forget vanilla ice cream too. Once you change your oil, you get a heck of a milkshake.

Noob It should be mint chocolate chip. It gives everything a minty aroma and the chocolate will act like a microabrasive and polish EVERYTHING!:spin:

Archived