LegacyGT.com

went drifting ! .. then hit the wall :(

frank_ster

I guess the 5eat is not really made of glass if we have people drifting it and he has only really broken it once.

See his other thread, although I do believe that was just a differential that broke.

I'm most be the only one that is thinking "dumb a**"

I'm sure the track owners would like to see the video and hear your confession.

That is just wrong.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

What is your definition? Fast and the Furious 3?

I can "drift" my rear end pretty easily. That is, rotate the rear of the car, tires sliding, while pointing the front in the direction I want to end up in, in order to more quickly get around a corner.

more quickly around a corner ... i think not! it is in no way faster ! only funer! and i had a blast ! hey shit happens its just a car and the damage is only cosmetic..

but i started this thread looking for parts dammit !

parts please ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

yeah that track was not wide enough, I would have only did it on a drifting track were it is wide open, and it had lights on the track.

But I am glad you did it on a track, and not on the street. Maybe you need a co driver http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_auto/wosautos12.gif

but i started this thread looking for parts dammit !

parts please ?

Places like Advance Auto Parts have a bady parts book behind the counter. Or any body shop can fix the car too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

and i could easily get insurance to pay for that .. just say i hit the wall on the autorute corner .. in montreal .. it happens very often there ..

drifting is easy i eaither do full throttle and hold the breaks then twitch the steering and let go of the breaks. that or iniciate with hand break.

1. Don't post on an online forum and say you are going to commit fraud. It could bite you in the a$$ later.

2. The hand BRAKE (it amazes me how many people, even car people cannot correctly spell the difference) is an AWFUL technique to break the ass end loose on an AWD car. You're just frying your center differential.

3. People, stop jumping down his throat. He admitted to messing up his car and is looking for our advice. We may not all agree with what he did, but leave him be. He clearly doesn't seem bothered about it and he's not on here whining to us. OP: are you getting your parts from a dealer? Check some junk yards for wrecked Legacys and see what you can find. Some pictures of the damage when you get a chance could help too.

i did have one ! i had a giant doll of stewei griffen ! from family guy .. and when i hit the wall he said VICTORY IS MINE !

best place for oem parts is the dealer, subaru genuine parts will fit better and are off the line made. You can looked for wrecked cars, buy you wont be able to find a rear quater panel, the whole qp is integrated part of your car and must be cut out and a new one welded in which is mega expensive, its not something you just do for cheap.

Also Im guessing you wherent legally on that track, being the lights where all off. So no your insurance wont cover your car if you where A. On a track and B. On it illegally.

You may want to delete the thread or something sence it is proof for the insurance to deny your claim.

Not to mention you have posted pics with your tag exposed, and I already had a buddy run it. Also your full name and birth date and age are on this forum. Not a good idea. Especially if you where illegally driving on a private closed track at night and wrecked your car and most likely damaged their property whacking the wall with your fender.

best place for oem parts is the dealer, subaru genuine parts will fit better and are off the line made. You can looked for wrecked cars, buy you wont be able to find a rear quater panel, the whole qp is integrated part of your car and must be cut out and a new one welded in which is mega expensive, its not something you just do for cheap.

Also Im guessing you wherent legally on that track, being the lights where all off. So no your insurance wont cover your car if you where A. On a track and B. On it illegally.

You may want to delete the thread or something sence it is proof for the insurance to deny your claim.

Not to mention you have posted pics with your tag exposed, and I already had a buddy run it. Also your full name and birth date and age are on this forum. Not a good idea. Especially if you where illegally driving on a private closed track at night and wrecked your car and most likely damaged their property whacking the wall with your fender.

Stop trying to police the damn world.... seriously. That's not your job to do.

Stop trying to police the damn world.... seriously. That's not your job to do.

I agree. That's a d-bag move, running someone's plates when you don't have any reason to. I know plenty of cops and have been pissed off by plenty of people on the road. Should I have my cop buddies start running plates every time someone does something that's illegal, or that I don't agree with?

i was not on that track illeagally! its a new coarse .. they have not put up lights .. and i don't know if they plan too. i am best freinds with the owners aswell.

and from the begining i'm not going to claim on insurance ... the only reason i have colision insurance is becuse i had to because i took a loan. can subaru dealer ger me a rear quorter ? any idea of how much

I have so many comments lol

It sounds like your definition of drifting is just tossing your car around a corner, thats not my definition.

I call that an uncontrolled slide ;)

+1111

1. Don't post on an online forum and say you are going to commit fraud. It could bite you in the a$$ later.

2. The hand BRAKE (it amazes me how many people, even car people cannot correctly spell the difference) is an AWFUL technique to break the ass end loose on an AWD car. You're just frying your center differential.

3. People, stop jumping down his throat. He admitted to messing up his car and is looking for our advice. We may not all agree with what he did, but leave him be.

Agreed. Drifting in an AWD IS MUCH different than drifting in a RWD, and if you don't know that, then you don't know what you're doing. You can't just do it the same way (besides, pulling the handbrake isn't the "right way" for ANY car).

Anyway the point of this thread wasn't a discussion of whether drifting is wrong, or how to drift an AWD car. It would be nice if people could get back on topic and help the guy. Haha I guess I'm not doing well at all with my own advice :lol:

If you're looking for cheaper aftermarket parts, check on ebay.

Here is another site where there are some parts:

http://www.racepages.com/products/?D=subaru+legacy+bumper&Ntt=subaru+legacy+bumper&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Main&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=4294963625&Nty=1

They have OEM as well as aftermarket parts

i did have one ! i had a giant doll of stewei griffen ! from family guy .. and when i hit the wall he said VICTORY IS MINE !

LOL :lol:

....... Are you serious? I thought we were all buddies on this forum... :confused:

Drifting at night on an unlit track FTL

Sorry pal, but this wasn't a very clever thing to do, hope you learned your lesson. At least no one was hurt.

+1, yea you had headlights, but at nighttime you definitely don't get the kind of sense of awareness of everything around you that you would during the day.

Props for drifting, esp. in a 5eat. Lets be glad he did this on a track...i mean some retards would do this in a parking lot.... an elementary school parking lot, with snow on the ground, while being drunk. I believe this man deserves a pat on that back for being safe, for the most part.

... parking lots are not safe?

I did some donuts and some powerslides one time at a monutain after snowboarding. Of course no cars around me though, and no lamp posts or anything... I personally think that's the safest. There's just nothing to hit at all!

....... Are you serious? I thought we were all buddies on this forum... :confused:

I've seen it happen before, many times.

OP basically admitted to conspiring to commit insurance fraud on a public message board. Word gets out very easily on the internet. All you need is one person who doesn't like you to notify the right people and you'll be screwed.

first of all if i was planning on doing the insurance thing the car would be fixed already .. and i would not of posted anything duh! but i'm too good of a guy for that i hit the wall its my fault .. i was out having fun

thanks for that site ..! will help a lot .. but they don't have front fernder or tail light or bumper cover for my year :( maybe i will call

... parking lots are not safe?

I did some donuts and some powerslides one time at a monutain after snowboarding. Of course no cars around me though, and no lamp posts or anything... I personally think that's the safest. There's just nothing to hit at all!

I posted that in response to another retard that broke his "manuel" while doing donuts in the snow on an elementary school parking lot, while being drunk. Now if you were doing all those things then your a retard, if you were doing only some of those things your a part retard. And please dont quote me again, i dont like you.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

I posted that in response to another retard that broke his "manuel" while doing donuts in the snow on an elementary school parking lot, while being drunk. Now if you were doing all those things then your a retard, if you were doing only some of those things your a part retard. And please dont quote me again, i dont like you.

Hahaha, this thread is getting personal fast

:munch:

Archived