LegacyGT.com

went drifting ! .. then hit the wall :(

frank_ster

well went drifting on this new drift track at napierville dragway in quebec canada. had loads of fun till i hit the wall ..

hit the right rear corner pretty hard then swung and hit the front right fender as well, didn't even touch the tires or rims luckily.

got estimate from my freinds body shop 4200$ i do have full insurance .. but i know it will cost more in the long run so i'm just going to fix it my self.

but parts wise 600$ for a rear quorter pannel 500$ for a trunk lid . 260 for a fender is that reasonable ? also need rear bumper and rear tail light. know where i can get better prices ? i would buy a complete car if possible. mine is a 05 lgt but if i could find a plain old legacy .. what ever i would like to have a parts car. willing to pay for it.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

start an account on vimeo.com or youtube and upload a video on there.

drifiting in awd isn't actually too bad. The front pulls you while the back end is loose.

Its fun in snow but I wouldn't ever do this in my car on dry pavement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2lDzW-h98o]YouTube - legacy gt 5 eat drifting at night[/ame]

here

Props for drifting, esp. in a 5eat. Lets be glad he did this on a track...i mean some retards would do this in a parking lot.... an elementary school parking lot, with snow on the ground, while being drunk. I believe this man deserves a pat on that back for being safe, for the most part.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

How do you drift an awd car, im not being sarcastic I would very much like to know the technique.

Seriously? I can drift mine around corners pretty easily, and with the front wheels pulling also, it corrects itself easier than a rear wheel drive would..

i'm in texas right now .. i crashed it the night before i left for denamrk on aprl 16th havent been home since. i'll take some pics on friday when i get home ..

and i could easily get insurance to pay for that .. just say i hit the wall on the autorute corner .. in montreal .. it happens very often there ..

drifting is easy i eaither do full throttle and hold the breaks then twitch the steering and let go of the breaks. that or iniciate with hand break.

as for lighting i don't see how it would of been any diffrent. i just took the corner wrong after 20 laps .. i crashed .. looked the car over then continued .. 2 more laps the back bumper started falling off .. so i riped it off and did another 20 laps was damm fun ! tires sufferd bad tho !

i'm in texas right now .. i crashed it the night before i left for denamrk on aprl 16th havent been home since. i'll take some pics on friday when i get home ..

and i could easily get insurance to pay for that .. just say i hit the wall on the autorute corner .. in montreal .. it happens very often there ..

drifting is easy i eaither do full throttle and hold the breaks then twitch the steering and let go of the breaks. that or iniciate with hand break.

as for lighting i don't see how it would of been any diffrent. i just took the corner wrong after 20 laps .. i crashed .. looked the car over then continued .. 2 more laps the back bumper started falling off .. so i riped it off and did another 20 laps was damm fun ! tires sufferd bad tho !

hey frankster's insurance company, come look at this!

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Props for drifting, esp. in a 5eat. Lets be glad he did this on a track...i mean some retards would do this in a parking lot.... an elementary school parking lot, with snow on the ground, while being drunk. I believe this man deserves a pat on that back for being safe, for the most part.

^^LOL, i remember that guy posting his story.

Seriously? I can drift mine around corners pretty easily, and with the front wheels pulling also, it corrects itself easier than a rear wheel drive would..

It sounds like your definition of drifting is just tossing your car around a corner, thats not my definition.

It sounds like your definition of drifting is just tossing your car around a corner, thats not my definition.

What is your definition? Fast and the Furious 3?

I can "drift" my rear end pretty easily. That is, rotate the rear of the car, tires sliding, while pointing the front in the direction I want to end up in, in order to more quickly get around a corner.

Archived