• Created
  • Last Reply

Event sequencing:

0900-1030: Rally point - Meet/Greet photo line up

1030-1130: Cruise up to Palm Desert for lunch

1230-1330: Palms to Pines Highway to Idyllwild - Video flybys enroute

1330-1400: Depart Idyllwild for Photo-op at scenic overlook

1430-1600: Return leg to Temecula via Hemet

I'll re-do the maplink with individual legs and directions, since we're now starting in MoVal. However, it'll be similar (just not starting in Temecula) be sure to zoom in on the Palm Desert to Idyllwild, and Idyllwild to Hemet portions (especially in "satellite view") for a good look at some of the best mountain fun run driving you can have with your clothes on

I believe in the old Home Base parking lot where I-Hop is off of heacock on the North side of the 60

Yoshinoya?

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=yoshinoya,&sll=33.950124,-117.24&sspn=0.018725,0.027595&ie=UTF8&radius=0.79&rq=1&ll=33.950124,-117.24&spn=0.018725,0.027595&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A]yoshinoya, - Google Maps[/ame]

Alright - for the joiners, we're going to meet in the parking lot adjacent to the Olive Garden Restaurant, 22880 Centerpoint Drive, Moreno Valley, CA 92553. See the attached location map. Immediately East of I-215 and on the South side of SR-60, in the Moreno Valley Mall at Towngate.

I've PM'd you all my cell phone number. We leave MoValley at 1030 shaap.

813539874_MorenoValleyRallyPoint7-25-2009.thumb.jpg.ed81d090c6487849bad7b82e422f6822.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

There'll be an altitude difference in temps so plan accordingly. Probably 100* in Palm Desert and 75-80* in Idyllwild. Bring water and any munchies you want for the trip.

Vince, At that time of day, the west end, to the left of the red oval is wide open. You'll be able to see the cars lined up there. If it's too small, we'll move it across Centerpoint Drive into that big parking lot. Plus, if someone wanted to grab something to eat, there's a lot of places there.

Dale. Olive garden parking lot is kinda small no? Me thinks the location that g & I suggest would be better?

Well it doesn't look like that many people will show up so it should be fine. Plus it'll be before their opening time. :)

I'm okay w/ either one.

I'm coming up from San Diego. Are we meeting at the Mira Mesa Applebee's still?

Yes - I'll be there at 0730 and plan to depart at 0800.

Archived