LegacyGT.com

Sharing an upcoming change in my life

Congrats!

Keep your eye on the prize. Enjoy the long term benefits of having more education!

Good to hear you won't be blowing your money on toys now... wait a few years and start blowing your money in your 30's!

Edit- wow those are some good goals to have. $250K / year in earnings would put you in what, the top 1% of earners in your country?

Ha, 250k (or inflation-adjusted equivalent) is like a 10-15 year goal for me. So yeah, not imminent :)

I think I'm in the top 10% right now. I stopped living paycheck to paycheck :)

I'll still blow SOME money in my 20's. I mean, it's my 20's. :)

I'll come back to this thread in 2018 and see how we are all doing.

Heights and I will have an intersteller AWD space academy up and running by then, doing timed runs from here to Mars.

(Insert Kessel Run comments here)

Congrats,

Freshman at Kettering University here (the old General Motors Institute, WOO Mechanical Engineering) and i'd like to throw out that i'm the only 05+ Legacy in the parking lot and i've only seen one other legacy on campus!

(there are a few WRX/STIs)

I'm a project manager at a pharmaceutical services firm. I provide a niche service in the drug development part of the industry. My company is the best in the business (I believe our services are the best, and we've definitely overcome our competitors in shear revenue as people as well).

To put my long-term goals into a couple of paragraphs, the pharma industry is absolutely rife with inefficiency, cost over-runs, and people who just stopped caring about doing things right.

I plan on using this chaotic and fertile ground to launch my own pharma-services firm in the 7-10 year timeframe. Whether that is a consultancy or something that provides more concrete services, I'm not sure yet.

Honesty in allopathic medicine/big pharma? Good lord, I thought that had become a permanent impossibility. A big part of the issue, if you ask me, is that medicine is the new Nike. It's the biggest venue for advertisers. Which isn't a problem if you want to sell clothes - different story when it's people's health and lives.

Glad to hear that someone has some common sense, prevailing over greed.

Just graduated from the university of the universe law school, with an z2f4a in intergalactic law, hence why I got a 2006 spec b so commuting wouldnt be such a hassle with warp drive. Anyway did you mean e36 m3? or e46? Which one is the e39?

Just graduated from the university of the universe law school, with an z2f4a in intergalactic law, hence why I got a 2006 spec b so commuting wouldnt be such a hassle with warp drive. Anyway did you mean e36 m3? or e46? Which one is the e39?

The e39 is the M5, not the M3. The e39 was the 5-series produced from 1997-2003, with the M5 being available from 2000-2003.

The 2000-2003 M5 had a hand-built 5.0 liter v8 putting out 400 HP and 369 lb/ft of torque through a 6-speed trans going to a 2.81 final drive w/ LSD. It weighs near 4000 pounds and can generate something like .95g's on the original michelin pilot sports (note: those were before the newer michelin pilot sport 2s or PS2s). It's an incredible machine for someone looking to haul people in comfort and race 911's too :)

Joe

Honesty in allopathic medicine/big pharma? Good lord, I thought that had become a permanent impossibility. A big part of the issue, if you ask me, is that medicine is the new Nike. It's the biggest venue for advertisers. Which isn't a problem if you want to sell clothes - different story when it's people's health and lives.

Glad to hear that someone has some common sense, prevailing over greed.

I think the issue with drug development and subsequent costs is not marketing (I'll explain that in a moment), it's this:

1. The costs of drug development are astronomical and the patent's aren't that long on the drugs that actually succeed

2. The complexity and # of patients required to be study is increasing steadily

3. The drugs need to be more and more "blockbuster" to be worthwhile.

As much as it's odd to say, I think the effectiveness of post-approval marketing actually drives drug price down.

If $50,000,000 is spent marketing a a drug, but it increases sales by 75%, then the drugmaker can price the drug lower because it'll sell more volume.

Conversely, if the drug isn't heavily marketed you'll sell alot less of it (proven). You've already sunk hundreds of millions into developing that drug, so now you need to price the drug higher to make up for the lack in volume.

Does that make sense? Just my take.

Joe

But prepare yourself to cash out your 401k to pay to fix the hand-built M-engine if anything goes wrong with it...

It's ballin outta control otherwise... :)

$22000 for a new engine :)

But honestly, when was the last time you heard of a stock tune n/a engine that has run for over 60k miles and under 200k miles needing a whole new block?

Outside of someone putting water in the radiator and letting it freeze, not often :)

Joe

Archived