LegacyGT.com

What cars were you originally considering before you bought your 2.5i / 3.0R?

I was all over the map before settling on the 3.0R. I looked at a few coupes and a couple SUVs before doing a complete 180 and getting a 4 door sedan:

1) Altima Coupe (V6)

2) G35 Coupe

3) Accord Coupe (V6)

4) Hummer H3

5) Nissan Xterra

6) Trailblazer SS

My brother has a WRX so that was automatically taken off my potentials list...

1) corolla xrs (almost got this one)

2) mbz clk320

3) 350z

4) g35 sedan

5) tsx

6) xB

7) wrx

8) magnum

ended with the legacy with the simple reasoning of that i havent seen anyone else in the area own/drive one.... so figured why not?

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Considered:

#1 Mazdaspeed 3

#2 '08 LGT

#3 Mazdaspeed 6 (used)

#4 WRX (too small, I'm 6'4")

#5 Mustang V8

#6 Mustang V6

Ended up with a '08 3.0R (great price (27K new), AWD, nice growl, can burn regular (never have), no turbo means better reliability)

1.LGT

2.WRX

3.Mazdaspeed 3

4. 2004 328xi

Almost bought an 06 LGT with 36k for 16,000 but the dealership i went to was horrible and the salesman was a dick to me so i walked out within 10 minutes of being there, he refused to let me drive the LGT but made me drive a 2.5i PZEV. Needless to say i walked out and didn't get it and bought my car from another dealership

Considered:

#1 Mazdaspeed 3

#2 '08 LGT

#3 Mazdaspeed 6 (used)

#4 WRX (too small, I'm 6'4")

#5 Mustang V8

#6 Mustang V6

Ended up with a '08 3.0R (great price (27K new), AWD, nice growl, can burn regular (never have), no turbo means better reliability)

The 3.0 can burn 87 ? Turbo'd Legacy just as reliable it all depends on the owner :rolleyes:

A LGT, but at the time, I had a modded Cobra and my Z/28 and I needed something that did not require premium fuel and got good gas mileage.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

1) 2009 Scion tC

2) 2008 Civic Si

3) 2008 Accord

4) 2005 BMW 325i

Picked Subaru Up Because It Was Nicest Car On The Toyota Lot (They had the subie in their toyota showroom)

Best Choice I Ever Made

@gee-otto The 3.0 can burn 87 ?:

According to the manual (and the sales guy), hi octane's "recommended", but not required. I still prefer burning at least 91, but it's nice to know I can burn regular if I need to.

cars considered:

1. BMW 325xi

2. Acura RL (2005)

3 Impreza

4. tsx (liked a lot more than RL but not awd)

5. jetta tdi but again - no awd

btw, I have an 08 3.0R and will consider using regular intermittently once the car is more broken in (I've had mine since Jan).

@gee-otto The 3.0 can burn 87 ?:

According to the manual (and the sales guy), hi octane's "recommended", but not required. I still prefer burning at least 91, but it's nice to know I can burn regular if I need to.

Cool i run High test in my 2008 2.5i i know i can run low test but im sure the ECU like higher octane better

for me...

1.) vw rabbit

2.) toyota yaris

3.) honda fit (never tested this car salesman never approached me)

my dad thought these cars were too light and dangerous... and he had a 1995 legacy... so he told me to buy the legacy...yeah it's a different class... no regrets

Used LGT

Used MS6

Used TSX/TL

Got the 2.5i because I wanted to buy new (not used) and wanted AWD and a 5MT. The 2.5i was just about the cheapest thing to fit the bill. I had driven an Impreza a few times and they were just too small to cart around the family, having spent 2 years in a SpecV and wanting more space.

i'm considering upgrading from my 2.5i in about 6 months to either a LGT or a WRX 5 door(i would never buy the sedan of the WRX they are god awful) but i'm also considering upgrading to a 2008 328xi, Mazdaspeed 3, or a Saabaru if i can find one with low mileage

Looking for an 05+ 2.5i to replace my DD Ford Ranger. Really it's between another 4x4 Ranger, an LGT, and the 2.5i. Need 4x4 or good AWD (not a fan of some of the electro-awds). The Impreza is too tinny/bouncy for my taste. Crunching numbers the 2.5i just makes too much sense financially for my dd (already have a toy).

• 3 weeks later...

1. pontiac G6 GXP 2009

2. Altima cupe V6 2009

3. Eclipse V6 2009

4. Honda coupe V6 2009

5. Mustang GT 2009

A 2008 3.0R Legacy was the best choice, GREAT handling, AWD + (good) track system, (very acceptable) good performace, but still looking forward for an STI... Subaru kicks any other oriental brands' ass

Archived