LegacyGT.com

What cars were you originally considering before you bought your 2.5i / 3.0R?

Well, I was considering an 05 Mustang GT but, mom said no and gave me her legacy lol... She said the mustang was no where near practical for the winter roads in NY, while dad on the other hand asked me if he could borrow it once I got it... Guess mom is the boss lol

• 4 weeks later...
I'm curious to see what everyone was cross-shopping when they finally decided to buy their car.

I'd like to see if it matches up for what Subaru thinks it is

1). Camry SE I4

2). altima 2.5S

3). Mazda 6 GSI4

4). VW Rabbit

5). used 2005-2007 TSX

6). Impreza hatchback 2.5i

7). Accord EX

I picked Legacy as the CAD was almost at par with USD and I saved $8000 CAD in total after taxes and the features included in 2.5i limited was more than Camry and other cadidates.

traded in my 02 mitsubishi lancer oz rally with 308WHP 301 WTQ

my choices were

1. Mazdaspeed 3

2. Mitsubishi RA

3. Legacy 2.5i

after checking with insurance..the legacy was cheapest

and best on gas mileage..on the other hand...the 2.5i would

be a great platform to build another amazing sleeper

as i did with my lancer =)

love the all wheel drive too!! symetrical AWD that is :cool:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Bought my wagon late 05.

1. VW Jetta wgn

2. VW Golf

3. Mazda 6 wgn

4. Impreza Sport wgn

5. Suzuki Aerio wgn

6. Subaru Outback 2.5i (The Legacy just looked cooler)

7. Toyota Matrix/ Pontiac Vibe

We wanted to stay away from SUV's. Considering the price of gas went up soon after, we gambled right :)

The only reason I was even in the market for this car was due to my Honda Prelude being totaled by an idiot driver. I wanted a Subaru before the accident, but didn't have a reason to get rid of my Prelude. I loved that car.

I was interested in the following, before test driving my legacy 2.5i and deciding it was right for me.

1. 02/03 WRX Wagon

2. 02/03 Subaru Outback Wagon- Would have be mine if it wasn't for the rebuilt title.

3. Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t

4. Pre-05 Legacy 2.5GT

All the WRX's I looked at and drove were either overpriced or in poor condition. I found a great deal on an Outback that had been repaired, but after finding out it was a roll-over I decided to move on.

My Subaru is really my wife's car, we were looking for a hatch/wagon, heated seats & sunroof, AWD preferred, and we also considered:

-Toyota Matrix XR AWD

-Mazda 3 hatch

-Honda Fit

-Saab 9-2x (Saabaru)

-Subaru Impreza wagon

-Subaru Forester

-Honda CRV

Right from the start of the process I had a Legacy Limited wagon in mind though, it was the right car for us.

My Subaru is really my wife's car, we were looking for a hatch/wagon, heated seats & sunroof, AWD preferred, and we also considered:

-Toyota Matrix XR AWD

-Mazda 3 hatch

-Honda Fit

-Saab 9-2x (Saabaru)

-Subaru Impreza wagon

-Subaru Forester

-Honda CRV

Right from the start of the process I had a Legacy Limited wagon in mind though, it was the right car for us.

That is pretty similar to our list as well. Interested in a more reliable and fuel efficient replacement for our 2001 VW Passat wagon. Originally set on the Fit but had a hard time locating one even for a test drive so we got a Legacy wagon almost on a whim. Matrix/Vibe was uncomfortable just to sit in so we didn't even bother with a test drive.

I love my 2.5i def will make a parallel/upgrade to a LGT as soon as the markets permit. (its a 2008 bought in 2008 and I only owe $10,921.77 but i would like tiny bit of profit from a sale KBB list a PERFECT 08 2.5i Sedan under 40k miles at 12,950 :eek: WTH/F)

• 2 weeks later...

All '09

1. Toyota Camry SE

2. Honda Accord

3. Nissan Altima

Walked into the Subaru dealership wanted the 2.5Gt was out of the price range so I settled for the 2.5i Special Edition. Ive only had the car for 3 weeks and I absolutely love it.

Archived