LegacyGT.com

Best Fuel... in general.

Heat

I wasn't sure where to put this. My friend... who is a hundred times more geeky about this stuff than me, sent me this link when I mentioned getting my car tuned. As we all know, after one's car is tuned it becomes quite essential to get the best fuel. I believe having this list would be handy to put in the glove box when traveling.

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:

QuikTrip

Chevron

Texaco

MFA Oil Co.

Conoco

Phillips 66

Entec Stations

Shell

The Somerset Refinery, Inc.

Kwik Trip / Kwik Star

Aloha Petroleum

Tri-Par Oil Co.

Turkey Hill Minit Markets

Mileage Stations

Chevron Canada

Shell Canada

Petro-Canada

Sunoco Canada

you know part of me has a little bit of skepticism with this, how does top tier gas get funded?

Not saying this is how it works at top tier gas but other organizations claim to be "certified" for product X but all it entails is passing a few weak standards and paying a fee to the org. Any chance this is whats going on here?

Great point, all gasoline is different so it is VERY important to use only the most proper gasoline for your car - I think the prudent owner would have a different tune for each brand of Gasoline (well at least the top tier brands, who would use any other type of gas :eek: ). Fortunately the Cobb AP allows you to have a lot of tunes at hand. Of course you have to be careful about mixing brands of gasoline so you really need a few tunes that are set up for various blends of the various brands of gas, but aht is a small price to pay.

You guys are a bunch of clowns :D

Heat, if your tuner is worth anything, then he'll set you up with a tune that's safe to run on any pump gas you are able to find as long as it's over 91. Then there are situations like the one I ran into, when apparently somebody put regular gas in the premium pumps ... So what you want to do is datalog after you got your tune to make sure everything is in order.

The top tier gasoline companies you see on that list have additional detergents that keep the car in good running shape in the sense of deposits. But ALL gas stations have to adhere to the federal standards of octane rating.

If your car is picky about the kind of premium gas you dump in it, then your tuner needs to revise your tune. Apparently I'm dealing with that very issue right now ;)

Great point, all gasoline is different so it is VERY important to use only the most proper gasoline for your car - I think the prudent owner would have a different tune for each brand of Gasoline (well at least the top tier brands, who would use any other type of gas :eek: ). Fortunately the Cobb AP allows you to have a lot of tunes at hand. Of course you have to be careful about mixing brands of gasoline so you really need a few tunes that are set up for various blends of the various brands of gas, but aht is a small price to pay.

Should I have a different tune for each brand of oil I try? I don't feel like I'm getting the most out of my Rotella oil change. It didn't seem any faster.

Are you sure? They can't all be IDENTICAL, it just isn't physically possible. The question is, which one is the BEST because that is the ONLY one that you would want to use in your car.

I usually taste it a little before pumping it in the car. The sweeter the better.

To really check it out you need to know what county the corn was grown in.

and what type of fertilizer was used, some have more chemicals which can increase effective octane in the diluting process:lol:

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived