LegacyGT.com

GT LTD drive (w/ pics)

[quote name='Eclipse']OT: I don't think you should worry about Subaru overstating the power figures. The 2.5L T in the Forester puts down 190-195 awhp(est.235-240 crank) on a vastly inferior turbo, pushing less boost. Scott[/quote] An inferior turbo as compared to the new Legacy? What is the factory boost set at on the FXT?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mac, I'm lovin' mine! Shifter isn't Honda smooth. It seemed a bit "notchy" at the beginning and has either started to get smoother (already?) or I'm getting used to it (more likely). Subaru has definitely geared it for "get up and go". I think I would actually prefer a bit taller of a final drive ratio for more relaxed cruising (comes with 4.11 vs. the auto tranny's 3.90). The engine can definitely handle it as it's got great punch all the way down to about 2200 rpms. I'm usually shifting into second a bit quicker than I'd like to. Cheers! -Ian

My GT Limited leather is much nicer than the leather in our 2001 Toyota Sienna, and I use leather conditioner on the Toyota seats regularly. The Subie leather is much softer and more supple. Becuase of the perforations it's cooler in the heat, even though the Subie is charcoal and the Toyota is a sort of beige.

[quote name='goneskiian']Subaru has definitely geared it for "get up and go". I think I would actually prefer a bit taller of a final drive ratio for more relaxed cruising (comes with 4.11 vs. the auto tranny's 3.90).[/quote] Isn't the manual GT doing about 3000rpm at 75mph? That doesn't sound too bad.

outahere wrote "Isn't the manual GT doing about 3000rpm at 75mph? That doesn't sound too bad." I was hoping it'd rev a little lower than that. 120km/h @ 3000rpm. That's what I'm getting now with my MX6 5 speed. Oh well... I guess now I'll have to wait for the 6speed Sti with 300+ horses that everyone seems to think will eventually get here. :D Just kidding, but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Eclipse']OT: I don't think you should worry about Subaru overstating the power figures. The 2.5L T in the Forester puts down 190-195 awhp(est.235-240 crank) on a vastly inferior turbo, pushing less boost. Scott[/quote] An inferior turbo as compared to the new Legacy? What is the factory boost set at on the FXT?[/quote] The FXT peaks around 11 and tails of to 6ish psi. The TD04 has trouble maintaining any kind of boost on a motor this big anyways. It would be way off any reasonable efficiency percentage.

Th3Franz, I am very interested in getting some good pictures of your car. You are one of the only people on the board that is truly interested in getting the red GT. I especially want to see what the turn signals and the rear quarter panels look like. As you may recall, the soonest I can get a GT Wagon would be in the red. The more I think about it, the more I like the thought of this being an exclusive color to the GT line up. Please, don't leave us hanging. I have seen the other red pics, and some of the JDM or other shots pulled off the web are not a true reflection of the USDM "Red Garnet" color. Thanks and God Bless. J.R.

[quote name='CPTChaplin']Th3Franz, I am very interested in getting some good pictures of your car. You are one of the only people on the board that is truly interested in getting the red GT. I especially want to see what the turn signals and the rear quarter panels look like. As you may recall, the soonest I can get a GT Wagon would be in the red. The more I think about it, the more I like the thought of this being an exclusive color to the GT line up. Please, don't leave us hanging. I have seen the other red pics, and some of the JDM or other shots pulled off the web are not a true reflection of the USDM "Red Garnet" color. Thanks and God Bless. J.R.[/quote] Sure, no problem. I'll probably take some at the dealership right away when I pick it up. I'll post them as soon as I have them. :D

• 2 weeks later...
What a jerk! :lol: [quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='SUBE555']In dunno about you guys, especially you Jedimaster, Drift Monkey too. :lol: First show that the car isn't all that much a sleeper. Maybe the cop just wanted a closer look but had to figure out some reason to get him to stop. :P[/quote] Did I mention that the cop had just purchased a new Subaru from the same dealership no more than a week before? :D[/quote]

Hey all, I just (20 mins ago) got a call from my dealer. They now have a GT Ltd stick for me to check out. Taking her out tomorrow morning, right after rush hour. Now this is going to be the make or break TD for me. I've waited for a while and I just hope this car is going to be everything that I need/desire in one great package. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers, Mac 8)

Well, I did it. And I'll do it again and again and again. I liked the MT GT so much that I'll buy one. :D Yeahhhhh!! The Atlantic Blue is okay, not my favourite colour, but it says "sleeper" like nothing else on the road today. Subaru, you just won. Big time. Cheers, Mac

[quote name='MacG5']Well, I did it. And I'll do it again and again and again. I liked the MT GT so much that I'll buy one. :D Yeahhhhh!! The Atlantic Blue is okay, not my favourite colour, but it says "sleeper" like nothing else on the road today. Subaru, you just won. Big time. Cheers, Mac[/quote] Good to hear. You won't regret getting one! :D

Archived