LegacyGT.com

GT LTD drive (w/ pics)

So I test drove a Legacy GT Limited today, obsidian black, 5EAT. The black looks gorgeous, but as apparent from the pictures, very tough to keep clean. I measured the distance between the lug nuts, and between adjacent lug nuts, it was about 61 mm. I did the math and this should be a 5 x 100 lug pattern. The leather seats were very nice, and even though they were leather, I felt that the side bolstering was pretty good. I also didn't get to test the limits of the car very much, but I enjoyed the driving experience very much. The car is torquey at all RPMs, but get it up to about 3500 RPM and it wants to take off. I drove the 5EAT, and it was okay, but I'm definitely looking forward to having a regular 5MT. The shifts were fairly quick, but you still had to account for a slight delay after hitting the button. Also, 1st gear on the 5EAT seemed way too short for some reason. I was very impressed with the responsiveness of the steering. Again, I couldn't really test the handling too much, but from what I could tell, it seems good. Also, I had my sales guy talk to one of the service guys, and they said the car has TWO CATALYTIC CONVERTERS, in the downpipe and mid-pipe. So, if that's right, it means the up-pipe is clean. The interior was very nice, and I liked the quality of the leather seats. The moon roof was easy to operate (even though I had to close it since it was raining off and on for the drive). I really like the center console, and the automatic climate control seemed pretty good (but I didn't use it very much). I can't wait to get this car. I wish I could have seen how the cloth in the GT will be, since I am not getting a Limited. The Limited is very nice though if you want to pay the extra amount. Oh, one more thing to mention. Apparently one of the salesguys drove this Legacy GT before me to get some lunch. He got pulled over for doing 53 in a 35 and got a ticket. He tried to talk his way out of it by mentioning he hadn't driven the car before, but the cop didn't buy it. I thought this was very funny to hear. :lol: My complete pictures are listed at [url]http://www.franzfx.com/legacy[/url] but here are some selected ones. [img]http://www.franzfx.com/legacy/P1010925.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.franzfx.com/legacy/P1010926.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.franzfx.com/legacy/P1010932.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.franzfx.com/legacy/P1010933.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.franzfx.com/legacy/P1010946.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.franzfx.com/legacy/P1010948.jpg[/img]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like I missed out, shoulda came along except I had to pick my sister up at the airport, had a good, free meal at Cinders (our meet spot next week) and boy was it good, and went to see a movie to top that off. So franz, couple questions, what did you think of the trip computer, handling- how tought does it feel, what did your mom think of the car (saw her there in one pic). I see the lumbar(?) support handle in the inside of the drivers seat. Nice to see that's still there, I adjust mine every now and then to my style of the day. Good thing to know about the up-pipe cat then as well. One less mod to do. I'll have cat(s) regardless. Too bad you didn't get a chance to try out the lights in the dark. We'll do that soon enough.

[quote name='SUBE555'] So franz, couple questions, what did you think of the trip computer, handling- how tought does it feel, what did your mom think of the car (saw her there in one pic). I see the lumbar(?) support handle in the inside of the drivers seat. Nice to see that's still there, I adjust mine every now and then to my style of the day.[/quote] I didn't really play around with the trip computer much. It was located in the middle of the dash on a little screen, so I thought that was kind of unique, and I liked that. I thought the handling felt just right. On the highway, I had no problem keeping the car in a straight line, and on a couple quick turns, it felt VERY responsive. My mom and my sister were along and they both love the car. They thought it rode very well (they sat in back and rode along on the test drive) and they liked how quiet it was. It would be interesting to try the car out at night, too. I just can't get over how good the gauges look in person and how everything ties together so nicely. We'll have to see if we can work that out sometime at some dealership..

I drove an 05 Outback H6 yesterday and was playing with the trip computer. It's only got four or five functions. The current mpg and average mpg being the most interesting. The new Outback is definately a big step up from the old model, especially the sunroof. That thing is huge!

Nice! Where the hell did you test drive this thing? Was it Don Miller? If so I will be heading over there on a lunch break this week :D How would you compare the leather quality with other cars you have seen? AH, I notice from your pics that IS Don Miller. :D I will be heading over there to drive one soon! How were the sales people.. they always seemed smarmy to me.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Nice! Where the hell did you test drive this thing? Was it Don Miller? If so I will be heading over there on a lunch break this week :D How would you compare the leather quality with other cars you have seen? AH, I notice from your pics that IS Don Miller. :D I will be heading over there to drive one soon! How were the sales people.. they always seemed smarmy to me.[/quote] Yep. The leather quality was nice, better than our Buick Regal. Of course it isn't as good as the leather in my neighbor's CLK55 AMG, but it isn't too far off in my opinion. I'm just getting the basic GT with cloth seats, but I liked the leather in the Limited. I knew one of the sales guys at Don Miller before I even stepped foot at the dealership, so that helps. But, my sales guy has been very helpful. I think you should be able to do a test drive no problem, since it seemed like quite a few people test drove it before I did on Saturday.

Very cool! I will have to stop over there. I am glad to hear that the leather isn't just some half-arsed attempt at quality. But I guess it really doesn't matter since I am desparate for that gaping moonroof... [homer on] gaping moonroof... yaaaaargh. [homer off]

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Very cool! I will have to stop over there. I am glad to hear that the leather isn't just some half-arsed attempt at quality. But I guess it really doesn't matter since I am desparate for that gaping moonroof... [homer on] gaping moonroof... yaaaaargh. [homer off][/quote] Yes, I liked the moonroof too. And on the wagon, I'm sure it's even more awesome. :D

Guest *Jedimaster*
53 in a 35? He should have told the cop he was dyslexic :lol: OK for me to joke because I am.

In dunno about you guys, especially you Jedimaster, Drift Monkey too. :lol: First show that the car isn't all that much a sleeper. Maybe the cop just wanted a closer look but had to figure out some reason to get him to stop. :P

[quote name='SUBE555']In dunno about you guys, especially you Jedimaster, Drift Monkey too. :lol: First show that the car isn't all that much a sleeper. Maybe the cop just wanted a closer look but had to figure out some reason to get him to stop. :P[/quote] Did I mention that the cop had just purchased a new Subaru from the same dealership no more than a week before? :D

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='Drift Monkey']Nice review. Someone needs to 53 their way into a 35 5MT.[/quote] 5MT is what I ordered. :D[/quote] You and I have similar tastes. Did you order a red one?[/quote] Yep. Red sedan. :D

Archived