LegacyGT.com

Which rear swaybar best balances out the stock front bar?

Mindspin311

Looking to add an RSB to balance out the car after adding RCE T1's. Id like to start at the rear 1st before deciding on a front bar. So my question is, which rear bar best matches up with the factory front bar?

well. what balance are you looking for?

it's all relative. if you want an mr2 turbo type of oversteer get a huge rear bar. if you want more neutral compared to a fwd car the RCE should already do that for you.

car for sale. PM me!

well. what balance are you looking for?

it's all relative. if you want an mr2 turbo type of oversteer get a huge rear bar. if you want more neutral compared to a fwd car the RCE should already do that for you.

The T1's def. take out a lot of the body roll in the car. But, I have them set on the soft side. Philly roads arent the greatest, so on the softer side, the car still handles bumps like its on stock suspension, but the body roll is def reduced. So my plan is to work with swaybars to dial out the rest of the remaining body roll.

Other bars are meant to be done as a set and should be done together.

True, but there is little harm in taking the rear bar from a set and trying it alone. You can always add the front bar if you want to tighten things up further or get back some of the understeer. Unless you go with a Perrin 25mm rear bar and stock front bar, I don't think you will have crazy oversteer, but as always you need to get used to the new behavior of the car.

I really like my adjustable Whitelines. :)

The T1's def. take out a lot of the body roll in the car. But, I have them set on the soft side. Philly roads arent the greatest, so on the softer side, the car still handles bumps like its on stock suspension, but the body roll is def reduced. So my plan is to work with swaybars to dial out the rest of the remaining body roll.

sway bars will make things worse (than current) on uneven surfaces.

car for sale. PM me!

I just installed a JDM 20mm RSB (the OEM JDM one, http://www.rallitek.com/20restbar.html is the only place i've found it online, I got it used through the forums) and love the feel of the car. big improvement over stock. a bit more oversteer but the rear feels nice and planted.

edit: :lol: i just scrolled down the page and realized I posted this same comment in the other thread you asked about suspension bits...

The best match for the stock rear sway bar.....................

..........................is the stock front sway bar

:lol:

Archived