LegacyGT.com

Future Impreza, Forester and Tribeca to also be de-contented?

rsholland

Reading between the lines here, but my guess is—going by what has happened with the Legacy and Outback, we can expect some de-contenting of the Impreza, Forester and Tribeca (if it survives) in the future.

If the 2010 Legacy/Outback no longer have folding outside mirrors, you can't expect that feature to remain on future (lower model line) Subarus. Who knows what else they will cut?

Bob

The Forester and Impreza were already decontented. The Legacy was next in line. I wasn't so surprised because I saw it coming. I've also heard the the non folding mirrors are for this model year only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't care. This thread isn't news. It doesn't belong in this section.

This section is called "News & Rumors." So consider this a "rumor" based upon an educated guess of what I've seen to date, and what I expect to happen. BTW, this is one case in which I would love to be proven wrong.

Bob

As noted... both of those cars have already been decontented. Forester power driver's seat on some models, 6 disc cd player on some models, foglights on some models, cargo shade, rear LSD etc.

There are inconsistencies between lineups because different teams work on different cars and can do different things as they see fit. That's the reason why a premium hatch Impreza comes with a pull shade and foglights... and a premium forester do not.

This thread = WTLY

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This section is called "News & Rumors." So consider this a "rumor" based upon an educated guess of what I've seen to date, and what I expect to happen. BTW, this is one case in which I would love to be proven wrong.

Bob

you realize you have only seen this on one car. One doesn't = trend setting.

Of course the mirrors fold. Otherwise they'd snap off if someone bumped them.

:rolleyes: No folding mirrors (really, honest). Obviously, like the rest of us, you think it's a no-brainer that a Legacy would have folding mirrors. Apparently Subaru thinks folding mirrors are only for Legacies that will be shipped by... umm... ship.

Actually a H8 based on Subaru's H4 was supposed to be used in Koenigsegg, but something made them change it to V8. The founder and owner of Koenigsegg drives a Subaru :)

http://www.supercars.dk/images/products/koenigsegg.gif

Actually a H8 based on Subaru's H4 was supposed to be used in Koenigsegg, but something made them change it to V8. The founder and owner of Koenigsegg drives a Subaru :)

Aww, damn. I wish he would have built that engine. I have imagined that engine in a mid-engined sports car for a long time...

They should also reverse the head flow, with direct injection, and variable valve lift, like BMW's new turbocharged V8... air intake from the bottom, exhaust from the top, with two turbos mounted right next to the top exhaust ports, above the crank case. ZERO lag, and heat escapes upward. Power levels like Porsche turbo boxer +2 cylinders... and it would probably sound like a hellish scream at full throttle.

Or Koenigsegg uses Rotrex superchargers... they have gearbox driven superchargers that use a gear ratio for two stage operation... putting that on a flat 8 would be fantastic, as well

4-to-5 liters of perfectly balanced, pressure fed engine... only thing better in boxer land would be a ferrari flat 12 similarly equipped.

But it probably was much more accessible to use the Ford 4.6 as a core to start from, (I think they adapted it to 4.8 and made some improvements...) is probably easier, as the block already exists.

Archived