LegacyGT.com

FP Green HTA enroute!

grocery getter

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the flow rate / lack is about the same as the standard FP Green...Nick drove in it this past weekend and he was surprised how similar the power delivery was. I am thinking maybe the TMIC, 3" inlet housing, TGV deletes and Grimmspeed PnP maifold and cross pipe may have helped with the lag. According to the site it is supose to have about the same spool time but with more potential for power. Of course I can't touch that now with the TMIC but it's there.

I was surprised; it spooled identically to my green, I used to have on.:redface: I was expecting a few hundred rpms more of lag but it hit full boost by 4200-4300 and started at 3700 rpm, pulled hard to redline. Definitely a streetable turbo. I bet your you and the wife are enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...
That tmic is really going to be a limiting factor for you - it's not so much the intercooler as the scoop alignment - the legacy scoop simply is either not large enough or not putting the air where it needs to go. I was only able to run around 20psi on my perrin top mount and 20g setup. Be careful with the tuning and don't get too aggressive and it should be fine though.

That tmic is really going to be a limiting factor for you - it's not so much the intercooler as the scoop alignment - the legacy scoop simply is either not large enough or not putting the air where it needs to go. I was only able to run around 20psi on my perrin top mount and 20g setup. Be careful with the tuning and don't get too aggressive and it should be fine though.

I'm loving my washer fluid injection with my 20g. I was scared to do it at first, but have never regretted it since. If you are hesitant to hack up you bumper and go FMIC, I would highly recommend it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108451

i dont think its because of the size of our hood scoops that are limiting us....

???

That's what I get from that thread...

In case you're confused - I'm not running a perrin LGT fitment timic - I've done an STi swap and was running the HUGE sti perrin tmic - it flows enough for a much bigger turbo, so flow was not a limiting factor. I would lose 20whp between my first and second run, with the second run pulling timing like crazy on the dyno. The TMIC was overheating because the air wasn't cooling it fast enough - I haven't heard of sti's having that problem with a 20g sized turbo, so it must be the LGT scoop/splitter (or lack of one, the perrin wouldn't fit with the splitter).

I then had the turbo ceramic coated, heat wrapped the downpipe and put a turbo blanket on the turbo - this seemed to help. I then got some garage door trim and put it around the intercooler to help make a seal with the hood - this also helped a good bit - but the power loss was still there - the scoop was not doing its job.

05 limited - intersted in seeing a picture of your air splitter mod if you can. I'm adding the IC washer / mod to mine this week with a separate switch so that should help as well as having the shop fab up a new air splitter as well.

TMIC picture by a400lbape - Photobucket

It's just some garage door trim - kinda like a firm neoprene - used some multi-purpose adhesive to hold it on there, just kept the air from spilling over the back and sides.

after doing the same runs where the intercooler used to be too hot to keep your hand on it was lukewarm with the garage door stuff.

Archived