LegacyGT.com

First post please be gentle

Hello friends, just joined your site a few days ago, and have spent quite a bit of time searching and reading. I have gotten a ton of infomation from all of your posts i.e. drain plug washer replacement, wheel bearings (which failed the initial state inspection btw) etc. I owned a 96 legacy outback up until today. I just purchased an 05 Legacy GT with a 5 speed and 109,000 miles. From what i see, the car has a cold air intake on it and maf. I bought this car to drive to work, (or so I told the wife) until i test drove it. I honestly thought this was just a car, a ma and pa type daily driver. Well after a 55mph drop and almost crapping my pants, I think this car should be taken more seriously. The one question I do have and would like to get from you guys who know is......What octane gas do you run? Also, any hints about the turbo maintence you can give is greatly appreciated. I think I am going to like this car, it certainly has more balls than I expected! Thanks for all your help guys.

congrats on the purchase! that is some high mileage!! there is plenty of info here for ya. I would read up on those CAI.. they tend to make our motors run lean.. could be dangerous..

you really think its THAT high mileage? I mean I had over 200k+ on my 96 and it was still running strong

Congrats on the purchase! But HOLY MILEAGE! Over 100k and you decided to buy it?!?! I would have a hard time buying a vehicle that has only a few thousand on it!

In terms of gas, make sure you're running premium. Make sure you, or whoever does your oil changes pulls and cleans the banjo bolt. You can find some threads about that on here. Good luck with the car! Any pics?

you really think its THAT high mileage? I mean I had over 200k+ on my 96 and it was still running strong

it isn't that high.. just getting into uncharted territory... hehe

for the record I think my 05 with 76k is getting up to "High Mileage"

Congrats on the purchase! But HOLY MILEAGE! Over 100k and you decided to buy it?!?! I would have a hard time buying a vehicle that has only a few thousand on it!

In terms of gas, make sure you're running premium. Make sure you, or whoever does your oil changes pulls and cleans the banjo bolt. You can find some threads about that on here. Good luck with the car! Any pics?

Well, heres my thinking. I only paid $7700 for the car, I figure if I like it and it lasts me a few years that will set me up to buy a brand new one! If I dont like it, well it wont be around long anyway :icon_mrgr

it might be a decent amount of money extra to check the oil feed screen wherever you do your changes. it's kind of a hassle to get to I was told by my mechanic.

Well day one of owning my LGT and already had the funny comments start. Walked ino my insurance company with title in hand to transfer tags

Insurance guy: (looking with blank stare at title) What car is this?

Me: It's a Subaru Legacy GT

Insurane guy: Is that one of those crotch rockets??

Me: Uh, no its a Subaru......a car......

:rolleyes: pleeeeeeeze!!!! 109k and a wimpy 76k or nuthin!!! I'm at 113k on my 05!!!;)

it isn't that high.. just getting into uncharted territory... hehe

for the record I think my 05 with 76k is getting up to "High Mileage"

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

it might be a decent amount of money extra to check the oil feed screen wherever you do your changes. it's kind of a hassle to get to I was told by my mechanic.

Uhm it's part of the 2,500 mile oil change service. I questioned my dealer about it because I'm that kind of person who doesn't trust stealerships. They assured me they are pulling it and cleaning it every time as it is standard procedure when doing an oil change.

Uhm it's part of the 2,500 mile oil change service. I questioned my dealer about it because I'm that kind of person who doesn't trust stealerships. They assured me they are pulling it and cleaning it every time as it is standard procedure when doing an oil change.

they could be lying to you...

i dont bring my car to the stealership. was a private business. they checked the oil drain line but not the feed, said it was gonna take some work to get to.

Archived