LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G8

violhence

i spoke incorrectly, to get a spec. B to run 10's you have to put 50 sandbags in the trunk, and have 2 car seats with babies in them in the back seat, shaq in your passenger seat. You have to deflate the tires to 10psi, put soap on the intercooler, and water in your intake. You must not launch, shift no higher than 3k rpms, and have the windows down. All while pulling a regular LGT behind you going the opposite direction, blindfolded. Doing all this you may still attain high 9's.

:lol::lol::lol:

What is a Spec B?

Rehab is for quitters.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Test drove the V8 version about a month ago. Car has lots of speed. But like someone said, cornering just feels weird. It felt like the wheels were turning but the body was going somewhere else. Besides that, excellent car. Interior is very nice. Rough fuel economy though...lol

The one i drove was fast, but had way way to much body roll and lots more understeer than i would expect from a rear drive car. I wouldn't buy one. But to be able to just swap on some ls6 heads and get 450hp!!! Its quite a platform and an engine for tuning. A fun car, but it didn't make me want one. My take on the BMW steering was so so. You might be able to get used to it, but i never felt like i knew where the wheel should be. I felt like i was reacting to the turns rather than controlling them.

actually...the interior is better than average for US cars in terms of the quality of the material. That is because the G8 was imported from Australia (where they first started making them). In Australia they are not as cheap on their interior as they are here in the US

P.S - There is a 400 wheel horse power version you can make by buying a complete supercharger kit for about 9 -10k + all side accesoories.

I also saw a 550 whp version (up on car domain) but that one is a Twin Turbo. Read somewhere that it belongs to rapper 50cent

actually...the interior is better than average for US cars in terms of the quality of the material. That is because the G8 was imported from Australia (where they first started making them). In Australia they are not as cheap on their interior as they are here in the US

P.S - There is a 400 wheel horse power version you can make by buying a complete supercharger kit for about 9 -10k + all side accesoories.

I also saw a 550 whp version (up on car domain) but that one is a Twin Turbo. Read somewhere that it belongs to rapper 50cent

There's a 400+ HP NA version available from Pontiac, with a warrant, GXP :).

I like HP with 2 doors, wish they'd build a G8 coupe, like my avatar.

There's a 400+ HP NA version available from Pontiac, with a warrant, GXP :).

I like HP with 2 doors, wish they'd build a G8 coupe, like my avatar.

I made 430whp on my 5.7liter ls1 with cam, intake manifold and ported stock ls1 heads. All in all the parts were less than 2k not 10,000

I drove a G8 GT and was sorta un-impressed. It was fast but not THAT fast. While it may be quicker to 60 than my 5eat, I would never buy one...it wasnt very much fun. The interior was pretty crapy as well...

the interior is kind of bland in the G8.. although I have not test driven one.. it looks like the 7" or so LCD screen in the dash is NOT for navigation?

it also seems like the stereo and a/c are integrated like the LGT which is a bit frustrating to me.

honestly. having a sedan as my one and only vehicle has been a disadvantage.. especially now that its spring and I need to buy some mulch, grass seed, and some molding for inside the house.. I cant fit these things in a sedan.

at least not an 05 LGT w/o fold down seats..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

......and some molding for inside the house.. I cant fit these things in a sedan.

at least not an 05 LGT w/o fold down seats..

What kind of molding?

Almost all of my 4" baseboard came home in the Legacy. You can't carry more than about 5 pieces, but a 10' section will fit from the base of the windshield through the passthrough with the trunk closed. Just have some towels on hand to pad the dash and armrest.

-- Steve

I need crown.. 16' long pieces.

may not work in the LGT even with fold down seats..

shoulda got a wagon.. or kept my pickup..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I think they just look passive..

I think with a monaro front end conversion they would look pretty good.

I dunno that I want a car made by "government motors" tho..

thats a real deal breaker for me.. and rather disappointing as I love GM's performance cars and their trucks.

holden-monaro-1.JPG.b2b7740dd75378ecb560a52550ad09c1.JPG

I think they just look passive..

I think with a monaro front end conversion they would look pretty good.

I dunno that I want a car made by "government motors" tho..

thats a real deal breaker for me.. and rather disappointing as I love GM's performance cars and their trucks.

I have loved GM since i was a little kid until all this nonsense happened. GM isnt getting any of your money when you buy a used GTO or f-body, just remember that.

I wonder what the new puppet CEO will do to the company.. consdiering he was appointed by the feds.. they might use this new "government motors" to force things on us.

I'm very paranoid of this.. but then again I'm paranoid about my iphone having GPS.. and about cars having little black boxes that log your speed and other stuff.. :lol::(

I think at this point even if the new camaro does come out I cant in good conscious buy one... I'll still test drive tho. :D

That should help sell cars, no test drives. I remember dealers not letting people drive the STi when it came out, and IIRC the WRX was the same way, at certain dealers.

I had the same problem with my legacy gt. The guy at the dealer wanted to see if I'd be approved before I even got in the car. I told him I'm not filling out anything until I drove the thing and he caved.

I ended up buying it, but I got my financing done somewhere else.

I had a salesman at a chevy dealer tell me "a real vette enthusiast would not need a test drive to know its the perfect car."

I called him an a-hole.

I wont go back to that dealer.. period..

I wasn't gonna buy it tho. :lol:

Archived