LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G8

violhence

Never mind... Saw this online:

“We just didn’t think we had a strategy that we were satisfied with that allowed us to win with the Pontiac brand,” he said.

Pontiac sales have diminished in recent years, and its lineup has mainly been rebadged cars from other divisions. Still, Pontiac won praise in recent years for the rear-wheel-drive G8, a large, powerful sedan that harked back to great Pontiacs of old. Also, the Solstice coupe was launched in 2005, and it has been lauded for its eye-catching design.

The G8 and the Solstice will be phased out with the rest of the Pontiac line, Henderson said.

I was honestly thinking of trading my LGT in for the G8 simply because my dad works at GM....It's a shame...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the magnum has NOTHING on that! I'd totally ride that.

fwiw guys. I hear the next gen impala will share the g8 platform.. and the SS should share the gxp platform.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

The G8 looks like what the new Legacy should have looked like!

I haven't driven the G8, but I did have a chance to spend some time comparing the interiors of all three G8 trim levels with the 2010 Legacy. The Legacy blows the Pontiac away. Inside, the cars don't even look like they're in the same price class. The Pontiac had cheap, silver-painted trim and uneven gaps on either side of the dash. The door closed with a rattle. I looked at these and other GM cars and realized that management still doesn't get it. Even the Buick and Cadillac interiors didn't feel right. With some of those cars, it always looks like GM is trying too hard and doesn't understand what a luxury car should look like inside.

There's just no excuse for GM's lack of quality, when Subaru, Honda, BMW and others can build such great cars in American-based plants.

Pontiac interiors suck. That's one reason I didn't buy a G6, even though I was almost thinking about a GTP back in 2006. But I just mean the exterior styling of the G8/Holden Monaro is what the new Legacy should've been. Wheel arches that, while prominent, are integrated into the body instead of looking like a tacked on afterthought. Headlights that fit the car, instead of looking like they were stretched back over the fenders. An overall design that looks cohesive, and not like a hodgepodge of styling elements from other cars.

I haven't driven the G8, but I did have a chance to spend some time comparing the interiors of all three G8 trim levels with the 2010 Legacy. The Legacy blows the Pontiac away. Inside, the cars don't even look like they're in the same price class. The Pontiac had cheap, silver-painted trim and uneven gaps on either side of the dash. The door closed with a rattle. I looked at these and other GM cars and realized that management still doesn't get it. Even the Buick and Cadillac interiors didn't feel right. With some of those cars, it always looks like GM is trying too hard and doesn't understand what a luxury car should look like inside.

There's just no excuse for GM's lack of quality, when Subaru, Honda, BMW and others can build such great cars in American-based plants.

The caddi interior looks better to me

CTS

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/p/A/1/09_ctsv_interior.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/10063459/112_0806_05z+2009_cadillac_CTS+interior.jpg

2010 legacy

http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/subaru-legacy-2010-official-img_8.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/17175718/112_0903_04z+2010_subaru_legacy+interior.jpg

I think the gxp interior looks as good as the legacys maybe better. And yes i sat and open and closed the doors in the one at the auto show and at the one for sale at brookfield pontiac/buick/GMC and it looked great and sounded great. Obviously i havent seen the 2010 Legacy interior in person

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto_shows/coverage/new_york/8438722+soriginal/112_2008_new_york_auto_show_21z+2009_pontiac_g8_GXP+interior.jpg

Caddi and Subaru interiors, please you can't compare the two...

Kuddos for whomever deserves it, Caddi does a fantastic job, at least on the CTS and other sedan models...

Not even close to what Subaru delivers... Just a quick note, our cars don't even have FULL LEATHER seats!!! Yes, they are leather trimmed... only small parts of our seats are leather...When you touch Caddi's seats and door inserts, WHOLE NEW BALLGAME!!!!

And that's true also for Infiniti, Lexus, Audi, BMW, MB, Acura, gosh even Lincoln/Mercury has better interiors than Subaru...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

How about the 06 specb leather? A good portion of it feels real....including the rear seats...but I am probably just kidding myself (I am not posting this to entice specb lovers or haters!)

Caddi and Subaru interiors, please you can't compare the two...

Kuddos for whomever deserves it, Caddi does a fantastic job, at least on the CTS and other sedan models...

Not even close to what Subaru delivers... Just a quick note, our cars don't even have FULL LEATHER seats!!! Yes, they are leather trimmed... only small parts of our seats are leather...When you touch Caddi's seats and door inserts, WHOLE NEW BALLGAME!!!!

And that's true also for Infiniti, Lexus, Audi, BMW, MB, Acura, gosh even Lincoln/Mercury has better interiors than Subaru...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I spent some time in the Caddy interiors as well, since everyone said they're so great. They're not. They don't match up to the European cars, especially Audi. It's sort of like Cadillac is trying too hard. The quality is decent, but everything doesn't quite go together and there seems to be chrome where it's not necessary. Compare a Caddy interior to an Audi's and you'll see what I mean.

BTW, there are very few luxury cars that offer full leather interiors. Most have only leather seating surfaces like the Subaru. Some may offer traces of leather on the dash or doors, but what you're generally seeing in those places is vinyl. The best interiors do a good job of matching good quality vinyl to the leather so you can't tell the difference. That's why you may think they offer full leather. Even the CTS doesn't offer full leather in its top option package costing $10,000+.

Finally, you can't compare Infiniti, Lexus and other interiors to Subaru unless you also compare the price. I've lived with both a Legacy and a Porsche (at almost three times the price) and, IMHO, Subaru does a fine job with interiors for what it charges. The leather wheel on the Legacy and the quality of the leather on the seats is better than what Porsche offers as standard. (Also, virtually all parts of a standard Porsche interior, except for the wheel, shift boot and seating surfaces, are good quality vinyl. If you want to get to full leather, add another $3,000+.) To get the same thickness and leather quality in the Porsche wheel, you have to spend an additional $700 or so. Where Subaru fails, at least in my '08, is in the seat padding. It doesn't feel as sturdy or like it will last as long as the Porsche's.

All I can say is that I was impressed with the upgraded interior in the 2010 Legacy. Now, if they can only hold the line in price . . .

Archived