LegacyGT.com

HELP! Dealer blew turbo, what can I do?

I need suggestions/advice/help, im currently freaking out!! I picked my car up from the dealer yesterday, drove it down the street and started to hear a loud noise every time I went into turbo range. (drove it slowly home) 4 hours I get back into the car to drive to a business meeting and it's really loud now and I realize something BAD has happened. At this point I suspect it's a blown turbo and call the dealer saying someone took my car off the lot when checking the alignment and blew it.

Brought my car in today and they told me YES the turbo is blow and the engine might be F***** as well. Not only were they COMPLETE assholes to me every time I go in there they've managed to ruin my car. Hopefully this should be under warranty (2008 Legacy GT) But they are asking for every maintence record I have ever had, to top it off it seems like they not only blew my turbo but are TRYING to get it not covered. I need help what can I do? I feel helpless I tried calling subaru customer but that only got me so far. Is there any way I can talk to a subaru regional manager or maybe call the dealer owner???

ALOT of info is missing here.

How many miles are on it?

Why was it in at the dealer for?

How long was it there for?

How many miles was it driven for while there?

How many miles did you drive it home once you heard the noise?

How many more miles have you driven it until it got to the dealer?

How do you know they caused the failure and that it couldn't of happened to you?

What other issues have you had at the dealer?

What has the dealer said about the engine and the fluid conditions?

Who has been servicing the car, what miles done, etc?

Have you had a meeting with the Service Manager, General Manager of the dealer?

What has SOA said that only got you so far?

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Thanks for your reply tell me if you need any more information

Trying to get them to fix the clutch engagment point ( it's too low and hard to shift fast, they didn't fix this but also did a 4 wheel alignment test)

It was in there for 2 days

I'm not sure how many miles it was driven for

I drove 1 mile or less home, and it was broken by then

I drove it about 4 more miles after that, (wasn't sure what was wrong)

I'm not positive but my car was perfectly fine before I brought it in

They are total assholes there and have called me an idiot before and defiantly hate me at this point

The dealer said they are currently checking the engine to see if it's messed up as well (he did say metal shards flew)

I have serviced my car at a bunch of different places, but no oil change has gone longer than 4,000 miles

I have talked with the service manager, about this, Should I ask or go in and talk to the general manager

How many miles are on it?

Why was it in at the dealer for?

How long was it there for?

How many miles was it driven for while there?

How many miles did you drive it home once you heard the noise?

How many more miles have you driven it until it got to the dealer?

How do you know they caused the failure and that it couldn't of happened to you?

What other issues have you had at the dealer?

What has the dealer said about the engine and the fluid conditions?

Who has been servicing the car, what miles done, etc?

Have you had a meeting with the Service Manager, General Manager of the dealer?

What has SOA said that only got you so far?

ok...important question:

You said the dealer has been bad to you. In regards to that, have you lost your composure with them at all during any of your visits? If so, it may make it harder for yourself in this situation.

Like any business, they will bend over backwards for customers that are understanding, mannered, honest with them, etc. Lose your temper or start cussing at them, you are on your own. That isnt for just a dealership, but any business. I am not saying you got nasty with them, but asking a question so you can at least play it all back in your head from each visit.

As for the turbo, what other types of work have you had done at this dealer on the vehicle?

Any mods?

you can talk to the GM about it, but the car being fixed will likely not be on his shoulders. It will be an SOA thing. SOA customer service will be the people you want to talk to about this.

The GM of the dealership can address the lack of respect from the staff, but has little/no power to that type of major repair. He MIGHT be able to "smooze" the rep to goodwill the repair if they do feel it was prior driving habits that caused the failure.

Another question...did you buy the car from them? Have you or your family bought other vehicles from them?

First how do you know they blew the turbo? That is just paranoia.

Asking for (oil change) records is normal practice to make sure you performed the maintenance over your 23k.

This is all normal. The turbo will be covered by your powertrain warranty unless you did not perform any oil changes.

Basically chill, it will be all fine.

I believe that I saw in the warranty supplement of my owners manual that maintenance records were not required for warranty coverage. While I can understand them asking for them, does anyone else have the same recollection? I'll look it up when I get a chance...

you can talk to the GM about it, but the car being fixed will likely not be on his shoulders. It will be an SOA thing. SOA customer service will be the people you want to talk to about this. //
Right on.

Check the service slip, it probably has the mileage when you entered the dealership. Did you check it on departure?

When I take my car to a dealership, I always set the B odometer to 0.1 miles. If it was set to zero they could reset it: this way I know exactly how far they've driven it.

Also, I'm always :confused: when folks start threads like this and don't name the dealer.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

If you were an employee at a dealer in charge of test driving the car after an alignment and you needed to drive a few miles would you get on the throttle. PROBABLY...

what if he redlined it and then blew something and drove it back to the lot and parked it.

Too bad we dont' all have those camera systems installed in the car like our friend who caught those guys a while back.. .lol

I believe that I saw in the warranty supplement of my owners manual that maintenance records were not required for warranty coverage. While I can understand them asking for them, does anyone else have the same recollection? I'll look it up when I get a chance...

They are not required for warranty coverage. However, if there are signs that maintenance has not been done on an engine/transmission or a turbo(they know this), they want receipts to show that is was.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Trying to get them to fix the clutch engagment point ( it's too low and hard to shift fast,

sounds like there is something more you're not letting us know. a turbo that early in its life should not have just gone....

as for them not being so nice.... at my dealership we have a ton of people coming in with blown engines, turbos, ect... because the customer beats it but it is under warranty. this is a job that pays roughly 9 hours for the technician. this includes diagnosing, removing the damaged part, fixing it and replacing.

sounds like there is something more you're not letting us know. a turbo that early in its life should not have just gone....

as for them not being so nice.... at my dealership we have a ton of people coming in with blown engines, turbos, ect... because the customer beats it but it is under warranty. this is a job that pays roughly 9 hours for the technician. this includes diagnosing, removing the damaged part, fixing it and replacing.

This is pertinent because?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

If you were an employee at a dealer in charge of test driving the car after an alignment and you needed to drive a few miles would you get on the throttle. PROBABLY...

what if he redlined it and then blew something and drove it back to the lot and parked it.

Too bad we dont' all have those camera systems installed in the car like our friend who caught those guys a while back.. .lol

Let's just say that maybe he did redline it. So what. Do you know how many times I have redlined my car, and it is at Stage 2 power levels. The turbo should take it, especially a new one.

If the technician redlined the car once, or twice during the test drive and it fails, its going to fail because of repeated abuse prior to the test drive. One redline is not going to break the turbo. If indeed the failure occurred when the tech was taking out the car, then the tech was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and happened to be the one in the drivers seat when it happened. With the OPs reported clutch problems, I think there is more the OP needs to tell us about his driving style.

Ooooooo

so in another thread the OP releases the rest of the info. He's modified. if you can't accept "pay to play" don't EVER come on here crying about the dealership or anyone else for that matter unless you can prove without a doubt the cause of failure.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2373498#post2373498

Tommyboy, you are the black sheep

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Ooooooo

so in another thread the OP releases the rest of the info. He's modified. if you can't accept "pay to play" don't EVER come on here crying about the dealership or anyone else for that matter unless you can prove without a doubt the cause of failure.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2373498#post2373498

Tommyboy, you are the black sheep

:whore:

Archived