LegacyGT.com

Acura to build X6 like "CUV"? And V6 in TSX

I'm not sure what Acura/Honda is thinking. They used to know who they were and made excellent cars. They seem to be grasping at straws. Copying cars that have been sales flops is not a way to right the company.

TSX seems to be a good move but it seems to overlap the new TL.

If it is due the economy how long are they going to wait? There isnt a set time that the economy just magically gets better. Some people say at the end of 09 it will pick up some say we are looking at 7 years or crap. Come on acura, your cars are getting uglier, more expensive and heavier.

Guest JessterCPA
As cool as it would be to have V6 power in the TSX, I would hate to lose the nimbleness & fun the 4cyl has. My wife's 2004 is a blast to drive. On the other hand, my parent's TL is no where near as fun. Nose heavy, lumpy, numb. Give me the underpowered TSX anyday. I'd rather the Turbo 2.4 from the RDX instead of the big V6.

^^^

RSX has a nice turbo engine.

Oh good. More incredibly ugly bloated SUVs to hit the streets. Being Acura, they'll be everywhere too.

The BMW X6 is just way too expensive (at least when priced in Canada).

Good to see a big HP bump for the TSX, which has always been on my radar but never an option due to lack of power/ tq.

Guest JessterCPA
^^^

rDx has a nice turbo engine.

Oh good. More incredibly ugly bloated suvs to hit the streets. Being acura, they'll be everywhere too.

The bmw x6 is just way too expensive (at least when priced in canada).

Good to see a big hp bump for the tsx, which has always been on my radar but never an option due to lack of power/ tq.

fyp

^^^

Thats right. Thanks. I was never a fan of them dropping all the good names and going with alpha-numerics. Booooring.

Acura: bring back cool names like Legend, Vigor, Integra!

The RDX is a bit heavy when compared to the similar sized Forester.

For the TSX they should have used the RDX turbo motor and cranked it up to 250-260HP and added SH AWD. Would have made for a much nicer car and not made it simply a slighty smaller/cheaper TL. :rolleyes:

Exactly, it would render the TL obsolete though, as you can get most of the creature comforts in the TSX as you can in the TL. Both are very cushy and well-apointed, and any time I can buy a lighter, more moddable car for less money than the next step up, it's a no brainer for me.

Having SH-AWD in the TL only keeps the distance between the 2 models for now.

I think the TSX should be made RWD(unless honda decides to do AWD correctly instead of this transverse BS) with a turbo 4. That would make me switch to acura for my next car.

And if the TSX was RWD with a turbo 4 that would still keep the TL and its AWD at a higher level

Guest JessterCPA
The RDX is a bit heavy when compared to the similar sized Forester.

For the TSX they should have used the RDX turbo motor and cranked it up to 250-260HP and added SH AWD. Would have made for a much nicer car and not made it simply a slighty smaller/cheaper TL. :rolleyes:

Like the other said though, throwing in a AWD solution in the TSX makes it a TL. Plus all the extra weight & cost throws all value of a TSX out the window.

I think the TSX should be made RWD(unless honda decides to do AWD correctly instead of this transverse BS) with a turbo 4. That would make me switch to acura for my next car.

And if the TSX was RWD with a turbo 4 that would still keep the TL and its AWD at a higher level

RWD would be fun, but the TSX is based off the Euro Accord, which is a FWD big-seller over there. All efficiencies go out the window here too. Throw a TSX body on a S2000 drivetrain and you would have a Acura-ized IS300.

if the new tsx will look relatively close to the new TL, its going to be ugly. i like the last shape with the type-s with the dark rims and all. the TL looks so bulky. and im not a fan of the rear on the new ones either.

Archived