LegacyGT.com

Acura to build X6 like "CUV"? And V6 in TSX

For the TSX they should have used the RDX turbo motor and cranked it up to 250-260HP and added SH AWD. Would have made for a much nicer car and not made it simply a slighty smaller/cheaper TL. :rolleyes:

A turbo def. belongs in the TSX. Furthermore, I wonder if you will be able to get a V6 TSX in a MT. The new TL, even the TL-S only offers a 5 speed auto. DUMB!

^ We're not alone...from Edmonds inside line....

"Still Too Slow?

If you're not into these sensory delights, though, chances are good you'll decide the TSX isn't quick enough. Its 7.7-second 0-60-mph time (7.2 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip) and 15.6-second quarter-mile at 89.8 mph are on par with the 2.0T-equipped Audi A4 and Volkswagen Passat, but the normally aspirated 2.4-liter's peaky power band isn't as friendly as the 2.0-liter turbo's flat torque curve.

The 2009 Acura TSX is also an easy mark for almost any family sedan with a V6, especially when equipped with the five-speed automatic. We tested a TSX with the five-speed and its 0-to-60-mph time fell to 8.6 seconds (8.3 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip). That's slower than all four of the family sedans in our last comparison test which included the Chevrolet Malibu, Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry.

The 240-hp turbocharged 2.3-liter inline-4 in the Acura RDX seems like the obvious solution here. Even the 4,000-pound RDX beats the TSX through the quarter-mile (15.2 seconds at 90.4 mph), so you can imagine the results if the engine had 600 fewer pounds of car to motivate. But the turbocharged engine's intercooler would have to go up front and that would lengthen the front overhang, and Acura's designers aren't up for a car with a big nose.

A more likely remedy will be Honda's 2.2-liter i-DTEC four-cylinder turbodiesel, already the favorite power plant among European buyers who know this car as their Accord. A turbodiesel engine is indeed coming soon for the TSX, although it won't be the Euro engine."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really disappointed in what acura did to the new TL and the bucktooth grill they are branding now. It makes their whole product line look like mater from cars.

that being said.. its way past time they spruced up the powertrain on the TSX.. I REALLY liked the old TSX except for the 200hp frustratingly powerless powertrain that it previously had. If they would have offered a 250-300hp car.. I probably wouldn't be here right now.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived