LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Modifications Noob Questions

I wouldn't run any intake without a tune. Not worth the risk (this goes for panel filters too, and personally i wouldnt do the silencer delete, but I'm in the minority on that one). If you're gonna go as far as putting one on and logging, you might as well get a free OS tune online (they must be out there...)

You might have a tuner near by that would flash you a basic stage 1 map for little to no cost. I'm guessing on the cost thing, though....never seen anyone advertise non-dyno tunes.

I wouldn't run any intake without a tune. Not worth the risk (this goes for panel filters too, and personally i wouldnt do the silencer delete, but I'm in the minority on that one). If you're gonna go as far as putting one on and logging, you might as well get a free OS tune online (they must be out there...)

You might have a tuner near by that would flash you a basic stage 1 map for little to no cost. I'm guessing on the cost thing, though....never seen anyone advertise non-dyno tunes.

where are you getting your info? because if what you say is true then there are many people with panel filters that ought to know.

from what i know (unless i am sorely mistaken) the stock ecu and map can compensate for panel filters and short rams. I know some CAIs are NOT okay but others might be.

per itsme the K&N is okay on the stock map. cant remember if the typhoon is a CAI or short ram...

some people in the tuning forums have stage 1 opensource maps for free. just need a tactrix cable.

car for sale. PM me!

I spent a couple of months reading through threads to find out what I wanted to do first. I also didn't have alot of extra cash, so I especially liked the "compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy mods"

Here's a list of cheap mods that I have done. In total I have spent under $500 on modding my car including HID's and Daylight Demon Eyes which were $200 total.

-I ended up doing the open induction cover. Mine came out to look like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=54703&d=1215162283

-I also did a matching Intercooler Screen and made a walkthrough for it.

-Removed the intake silencer (link is broken right now)

-Disable drivers side seatbelt chime. There's three methods for this, I did the unplug one.

-Hogzaust for a bit of extra sound. I only did one side and it's loud enough for me.

-Clear the Refllectors and -black out headlights:

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/temp/black2.jpg

-Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Disable - I did this when I put HID's in otherwise it wrecks the ballast.

-Unlock all doors with one click of remote. I always missed the timing on the second click and it wouldn't work. It drove me (and my passenger) nuts!

-Trunk Debadging - For that sleeper look!

-Custom Color Subaru Logo. I replaced the blue background with black, but people have done all sorts of custom colors.

As you can see, there are alot of things that you can modify to personalize your car without spending alot of money. When you want to spend I would recommend (for power) an Accessport for best power/$ ratio. For handling, you will get great results from a thicker Rear Sway Bar. It will give you more neutral handling and less body roll without compromising ride quality. If you want the strut tower brace for the looks, you can get one for $25 off ebay. People who bought it said it felt pretty solid.

Good luck with all the mods, it sounds like you've been bitten by the same modding bug as most people on this site!

where are you getting your info? because if what you say is true then there are many people with panel filters that ought to know.

from what i know (unless i am sorely mistaken) the stock ecu and map can compensate for panel filters and short rams. I know some CAIs are NOT okay but others might be.

per itsme the K&N is okay on the stock map. cant remember if the typhoon is a CAI or short ram...

some people in the tuning forums have stage 1 opensource maps for free. just need a tactrix cable.

i'm not gonna be able to source all my info for you, as I've just noticed points from reading around. But I've seen infamous say they can lean out the AFR half a point (read this in another thread recently, I'll try to find it later) and I feel like I've seen other people talk about logging with a panel filter and noticing it created a slightly lean condition. it may be small, but it's still not good. but as you said it might be able to compensate for it. i just feel like if you're gonna change something make sure it's running OK (but this is hard w/o a WBO2 I think)

didnt know about the K&N...that's pretty nice if it can use the stocker alright.

markbrotens: you did the headlight in your avatar for $200 (and that's with HIDs and that halo/underline)? any chance you wrote up a DIY?

markbrotens: you did the headlight in your avatar for $200 (and that's with HIDs and that halo/underline)? any chance you wrote up a DIY?

The "underline" is just a reflection from the Daylight Demon Eyes (DDE's). The DDE's were $100 and can be found HERE and here is the WALKTHROUGH. Just today, though, I found THESE. They are only $25 and look thicker than the RPM ones which is good because they are VERY fragile.

The HID's were also purchased from the RPM store. It was the Apexcone slimline kit.

wasnt someone sayin the legacy comes running pretty rich??? did i read that here?? or am i crazy?

going out on a limb here... but im pretty sure the vast majority of turbo cars from factory come rich.

car for sale. PM me!

going out on a limb here... but im pretty sure the vast majority of turbo cars from factory come rich.

that would make sense.... if cars were coming from factory lean they would have cars blowin up.... richer is always safer :) but then again didnt the 09 or 08 wrx come kinda lean??

Archived