LegacyGT.com

Because some of you need closure....

I went ahead and ordered My GT LTD wagon today. As some of you are more than well aware of, I was faced with a conundrum. The color was the only thing that I just wasn't sure about. Let the record show that Ross (dr. z) ordered a REGAL BLUE PEARL wagon today.. yes, some of you thought that I would wuss out and opt for the silver, and while the silver is a beautiful color, I knew that I might regret not getting that shimmery, deep, bold, beautiful and sometimes dull ;) color blue. I also thought that perhaps the board needed a mule and that's me. Sube is getting the atlantic (if his poonany doesn't act up) so I figure that I need to represent with some flavor. I also figure that if Paul Hansen (apexjapan) liked the color enough to get it.. then I sure as hell will like it to. He has been known to be right in the past, on occasion. I also know that this is another "Placed my order thread" so if the moderating nazi wants to add this post to another thread then he can kiss my arse, and then add it. :lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='racerdave'][img]http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/img][/quote] I owe you a debt of gratitude because it was your pics that threw me over the edge. It's such a nice color and you got to see it on a nicer day than I did. Great pics, especially since you had to overcome the poopy diaper situation.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'] I owe you a debt of gratitude because it was your pics that threw me over the edge. It's such a nice color and you got to see it on a nicer day than I did. Great pics, especially since you had to overcome the poopy diaper situation.[/quote] [img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif[/img] Glad I could help! :D

Yeah, I ordered it from Chilson's. I have to give them a call today and find out about the armrest extension. Its a must for me but at this point I am going to assume that it comes standard on the Limited package. I am expecting to take deliver in the middle of July but who knows. I am thinking that it might be here even earlier. I also have to call them because I forgot to tell them that if I see any advertising (stickers or anything) on the back of my car that I am driving right back to Madison with my $20K in my had in the car that I drove up in. As most of you know I have given my dealer more than enough advertising and I am sure that they will have no problem filling this request for me. Since I am driving an couple hours to take delivery, i also might ask a personal favor and have them get the windows tinted in the back of the wagon.. but then again that means that they will have to drive my car which is a scary thought by itself. I figured you wouldn't mind this thread Tide.. I was just razzing Sube. Sometimes I like to bait him into flexing his "power" :lol: ;) Now that I ordered it I am very happy with my decision. I only worry about typical Subaru swirling and perhaps my lack of commitment with keeping the car clean. But since I started my new job, there is a carwash (manual) right across the street that I can use every day if needs be so I am not too worried. Now to just pay off the rest of my car ($1500) in the between my May and June car payments and I am ready to rock! Thanks to everyone who helped me decide on a color! Lord knows I couldn't do it on my own :lol:

I gave Matt a call this morn, but he was busy, so he got a voice mail. I'm hoping to have it all set up by this afternoon. Did they require a deposit Zevil? If so, how much? Most places I know requrie something. I know the local dealership is like $250 or $500, something minimal.

I haven't put down anything for deposit yet.. I will be talking to Matt today to see what he wants me to do. Other than that he said he was going to put the order in so I assume that he wants the car on his lot regardless of whether or not I will take it. I will let you know more Sube as I find out.

My order is now in with Matt too. He sounds like the shizzle to work with. :D What a great deal, no haggling, this is what I'm looking at, no questions asked (other than where I live and stuff. :D) Any other Wisconsinites that want to deal with Chilsons, call them today to get delivery by mid-July, today is the cut-off. Matt said I didn't require a deposit, but could send one in only if I wanted to.

I'm not ready to order yet, but that's the way I'm going. For them to treat everyone the same -- and fairly -- then that's the kind of place I want to patronize, even if it's a relatively lengthy drive from the Milwaukee area.

Congrats on placing the order. I belive Subaru cuts off orders around the end of the month and then gets back to dealers with confirmations a few weeks later. I placed an order with my local dealer in Santa Cruz, CA and he guesstimated about mid/early July for delivery. My dealer required a deposit of $1K. In the past, Subaru only needed a photocopy of a check, but he explained to me that too many dealers were putting in phony requests so SOA now requires a "real" deposit. Ken

[quote name='racerdave']I'm not ready to order yet, but that's the way I'm going. For them to treat everyone the same -- and fairly -- then that's the kind of place I want to patronize, even if it's a relatively lengthy drive from the Milwaukee area.[/quote] he said to me "we just want to make a little money on these cars, but get them to the customers at the best prices they can." I was cool with that. It's always nice to see good people get good business.

[quote name='Ken S']Congrats on placing the order. I belive Subaru cuts off orders around the end of the month and then gets back to dealers with confirmations a few weeks later. I placed an order with my local dealer in Santa Cruz, CA and he guesstimated about mid/early July for delivery. My dealer required a deposit of $1K. In the past, Subaru only needed a photocopy of a check, but he explained to me that too many dealers were putting in phony requests so SOA now requires a "real" deposit. Ken[/quote] hmmm.. not saying that you are wrong, but so far I was not required to have a deposit. I will ask him about it today. ..and thanks Kage!

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='Ken S']Congrats on placing the order. I belive Subaru cuts off orders around the end of the month and then gets back to dealers with confirmations a few weeks later. I placed an order with my local dealer in Santa Cruz, CA and he guesstimated about mid/early July for delivery. My dealer required a deposit of $1K. In the past, Subaru only needed a photocopy of a check, but he explained to me that too many dealers were putting in phony requests so SOA now requires a "real" deposit. Ken[/quote] hmmm.. not saying that you are wrong, but so far I was not required to have a deposit. I will ask him about it today. ..and thanks Kage![/quote] Sandy was looking for beer money.

Archived